Official Training Q&A Thread

RULES ON QUESTION AND ANSWER FORUM

*Use the search function before posting; your question may have already been answered click here click here

1. NO PROLONG DISCUSSION. This is a Question and Answer (Q & A) Forum. Thus, any questions requiring prolong and detailed discussions should belong to the Community Members’ Forum.

2. RELEVANCY. NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING. Question should be relevant. A question is relevant if it is materially connected to the purpose of this website e.g. body building, optimum fitness, and health, gym and subjects of similar subjects. Irrelevant questions may include personal questions, insignificant questions and questions that are totally out of topic. Questions of this nature may be restricted by the administrators and moderators.
Practical Questions such as those related to actual concerns or problems or issues that you are currently facing are highly encouraged.

3. NO DUPLICATION. Read significant threads and topics FIRST with titles that might already answer your questions or attend to your needs. Questions which are either answered many times or are already thoroughly discussed under the Community Members’ Forum should not be asked under the Q & A Forum.

4. USEFUL Q & A TITLE. Start a question with a useful title that makes sense and explains briefly what you really need. This generally saves time as you are already giving the readers a bird’s eye view of your topic. Be specific though. General or generic questions may be tempered as it fails the requirement on being specific.

5. RESPOND TO QUESTIONS RESPONSIBLY. While expert advise is highly recommended, this does not prohibit anyone from responding to questions. However, do not offer answer or advise when you do not know what you are talking about. Do not copy paste any answer to the question from another forum as if it is your own. If it cannot be avoided, kindly recognize the source in order not to infringe intellectual property rights. If you are answering a question or advising someone based on personal experience, state so.

6. NO BRAGGING, TROLLING OR FLAMING IS ALLOWED. Responding to a question with kindness, humility and understanding is a necessity. The purpose of the Q & A Forum is to help the online community and not to brag or boast your personal achievements or expertise. Any instances of discourteous responses to any questions that incite or tend to incite flame or troll another user will be dealt with accordingly.

Comments

• milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    let the question begin!
  • zanezane Posts: 963
    Opo Bigbrother! :D
  • which is best when it comes to alternative source of protein: SOYA or EGG Powder?
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    Hmmmm... i have notyet personally tried this, but according dun sa nabasa ko sa artic ni sean N. too much intake daw ng soy products decreases testo and increases estro
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    correct. ako personally i dont take soy too much, taho lang ok nako, pero mga tofu tofu, hindi. lol. i rather get my protein sa EGG,MEAT and cheese. pati pala peanuts.
  • mga boss, asked ko lang if mag gegain ba ko ng weight pag ba i drink protein drinks on a daily basis..kc right now im 53 kgs i want to be 60 ks atleast..help nmn at ganu katgal resulta
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    mas mag-gain ka sa foods bro baba lang calories ni whey e, pero if hardgainer ka talaga look into mass gainers
  • DalmasVektazDalmasVektaz Posts: 2,155
    seryoso na kain kailangan kapag hard gainer Sir Cata,mga 2500 to 3000 calorie intake per day tapos kapag wala pa mass gainer tulad ng sabi ni Master Monch
  • Gaano ba kabigat dapat ang binubuhat pag nag wo-workout?
    that will depend of course on how much weight you can lift on a certain exercise also it will vary as well on the type of workout program you are using. For example weight poundage of German Volume training is different compared sa 5x5 training. :) ano po ba current program natin sir?

I might as well add to checkout our workout archives so that you will have an idea if your still in the gray area on what program and weight poundage to use for your workouts.
  • toysuki07toysuki07 Posts: 1,049
    -best time to take Amino Acid?

-creatine off days or training days only?
    Take Crea even during off days, as long you're still recovering from intense training.
  • toysuki07toysuki07 Posts: 1,049
    how 'bout amino? plan ko kasing mag dagdag ng superior amino sa stack ko eh XD
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Amino is no different from eating protein rich food sources. It's present in food so you can take it to augment your protein requirements.
  • whats the difference between mass gaining exercises and cutting exercises???please give examples, reps and sets.. please enlighten me... im 5'5" and 140 lbs and want to have a lean and ripped muscles.. what will i do? i am a 5 month old gym player..
    usually kase amino nasa whey na, kung ang whwhey ka.
    whats the difference between mass gaining exercises and cutting exercises???please give examples, reps and sets.. please enlighten me... im 5'5" and 140 lbs and want to have a lean and ripped muscles.. what will i do? i am a 5 month old gym player..

same lang, training. heavy as always. Pero si diet mo pinaka-important
    ^^

+1

Exercises during cutting and mass gaining should be no different. dont be a victim of overtraining like the typical "higher reps, lighter weights" routine. what only differs is the type of diet that comes together with it. simply put, cutting = calorie deficit, mass gaining = calorie surplus :)
  • donbuhdonbuh Posts: 3,164
    Question:

1. Anu purpose ng belt??Kelan dapat gumamit ng gym belt?
    2. Do I need to wear supporter while working out?? (hindi kasi ko nagbi-brief eh, naka boxers lang)
    3. Totoo bang nakakaluslos ang heavy weight lifting?
    masama ata naka boxer shorts paps, pero kung boxer brief as long supported yung itlog mo ok un, kase ako ganun din, i dont use belt, mawawalan kase ng saysay ang pag ddl at squat, kasama kase sa training yung patigas ng lowerback, pero its up to you kung mas kampante ka sa belt, pero belt ginagamet ng mga power lifter yan para support sa lower back nila,
    so dalts magsusuporter ako??ala kong brief maski 1, swear..hs ako nung huli ko gumamit nun..sa states kasi hindi uso brief..buti nga natuto na ko mag boxers eh...
    hindi din naman ako nag bebrief sir. pag workout days lang, eversince boxer shorts lang ako kase mataba ako nag kaka had had ako pag naka brief hahahaha! pero ngayon brief every workout and basketball
    ahahaha..kasi nagkikiskisan yung hita mo sa taba!!!ahahaha..

ayako magbrief eh..so supporter na nga lang??
    oo tama si fafa dalts mas maigi na medyo ipit ung badoodles habang workout though nde din ako nagsusuporter boxer brief lang. now sa belt naman i do use belts now since sobrang bigat na ng lifts ko pagdating sa compound exercises. it helps a lot lalo na pag andun sa ka sa stage na nagbabalanse ka pa nung weight before starting the exercise. though for me natetrain ko pa rin na patigasin ung likod ko kahit may belt.
    Ako I use belt to stabilize my body pag heavy na ung DL's.
    @Chief,try mo yung boxer brief ng CK or Walker,maganda yun at fit pa.
    Yung belt ba ok lang gamitin sa Military press or Barbell push press kasi bigat nasa taas,gs2 ko nun kasi lagi ako na military press or BB push press.
    Tanong na lang: Magkano ba yun? at san nakakabili jan? at may mga sizes ba un? txtbk po. thanks
    ako gumagamit ng belt sa military press. meron sa toby's nun bulls ung brand mga 400+ ung presyo sa raon may mabibilia ka na 350 good quality na. saka oo may sizes un hehehe.
    ah ganun ba. sige pag iipunan ko un tol DS. ska na aastigan ako sa porma kapag may belt sa military press,parang sasabak sa Olympic hahaha
    kailangan mo yun talga sa military kasi bukod sa overhead, standing pa (teka may seated ba na mil press?) tapos pag mabigat na, gaya ng sabi ni sir monch makatulong yun magstabilize nung katawan mo.
    standing at medjo heavy na kasi na abot na ng 70lbs. nung monday paha muna tlg gnamit ko lol