Whey Protein thread

Comments

• boss_jboss_j Posts: 1,243
    Need to correct my previous post it's blend/mix of Protein pala yung ProMatrix.

promatrix%2B7_1.jpg

Yep sa India, Madami daw cow dun .. lol
  • rrobinrrobin Posts: 131
    @cheesecake

I know where you're coming from. But again like I said, it belongs to 2 different categories of Protein supplements, it's like comparing Glam rock to Hard rock(both rock nonetheless but different genres).

I've tried On's Gold standard,the results speaks for themselves..

Whey is fast absorbed, Casein and/or Specialized protein has slow absorption...

I'm taking Promatrix7 because i want to try the slowacting one's...:)

So uulitin ko magkaiba po yun, parehong protein supplement pero ibang category

Specialized Protein has two or more sources of protein(Soy, Egg Albumin, Micellar Casein etc.)

Whey Protein has only one source w/c is "WHEY" (isolate, concentrate, Hydrolysates. is a filtration/separation process)

Concentrates contain a low level of fat and cholesterol but, in general, have higher levels of bioactive compounds, and carbohydrates in the form of lactose — they are 29%–89% protein by weight.
    Isolates are processed to remove the fat, and lactose, but are usually lower in bioactivated compounds as well — they are 90%+ protein by weight. Both of these types are mild to slightly milky in taste.
    Hydrolysates are predigested, partially hydrolyzed whey proteins that, as a consequence, are more easily absorbed, but their cost is generally higher.[8] Highly-hydrolysed whey may be less allergenic than other forms of whey.[10] They are very bitter in taste.
  • cheesecakecheesecake Posts: 110
    Yes, I know the difference between whey and casein. :) If you want it to have a mix of slow absorption, wouldn't that be counterproductive? You normally take ProMatrix7 after your workouts, and after your workout is when you need fast, absorbing proteins to repair the naturally torn muscles during your workout, which is why whey is perfect so that it can assimilate to your body ASAP. The purer it is, the faster. ProMatrix7 also contains fats, which slows the process down.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Share ko lang po because I always see this on the top of my ON container:

For Better gains use:

ON whey pro daytime - meaning you're active and what you want is fast-absorbed protein
    Casein Night time - making sure your body is on a constant supply/state of nourishment while your sleeping. slow acting one.

If you want it to have a mix of slow absorption, wouldn't that be counterproductive? You normally take ProMatrix7 after your workouts

Who says I take Promatrix7 after workouts?

Who says I mix Whey with Casein?

Know your facts first before making assumptions..thanks!
    rrobin wrote:
    I'm taking Promatrix7 because i want to try the slowacting one's...:)
    rrobin wrote:
    If you want it to have a mix of slow absorption, wouldn't that be counterproductive? You normally take ProMatrix7 after your workouts

Who says I take Promatrix7 after workouts?

Who says I mix Whey with Casein?

Know your facts first before making assumptions..thanks!

Refer to quote above. ProMatrix is a mix of Whey and Casein, is it not? Andyan sa label o, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Refer to quote above. ProMatrix is a mix of Whey and Casein, is it not? Andyan sa label o, correct me if I'm wrong.

It is, but it's also mixed with other protein sources like soy and egg albumin, When it does it becomes a multi-phased formula or time released.

So what does it tell you?!

Is it fast acting or slow acting....it's a no brainer really!
  • SkkinSkkin Posts: 870
    Kakabili ko lang kanina promatrix

okay ang taste and iba yung texture niya. meron feeling na pagkapuro.

as suggested sa label drink in the mornings and after intense workout.

I primarily need this since minsan nag sk skip ako ng meals dahil sobrang busy ko pag hapon.

thanks brader jerielm and RR sa advice.
    rrobin wrote:

It is, but it's also mixed with other protein sources like soy and egg albumin, When it does it becomes a multi-phased formula or time released.

So what does it tell you?!

Is it fast acting or slow acting....it's a no brainer really!

lol. Multiphased formula? Special time released protein? That's all marketing. :) It's a mix of protein sources. Period.
    Lol...try to research first.

Like I said whey is fast absorbed in the bloodstream...

and Micellar Casein is "Slow absorbed"

Use Wikipedia or something for crying out loud..:D

Wonder why US brands aren't employing "multiphased time released" protein.. :)
    Lol...

We're just Agreeing to disagree here, but Fact it fact... There's fast absorbing, then there's slow absorbing.

We should live on that..my two cents..:)
    Ok:) I know that. :) bit of a conflict to mix them together, but if it works for you, fine:) who am I to argue?:)
    like I said when you mix it together it becomes time released.

Whey is absorbed first, followed by the slow acting ones like casein etc.

Anyway it's a long day, nice to have a good conversation with you...

White flag is up and high..:)
  • ronaldronald Posts: 124
    guys need ko b mgwhey protein khit n mejo chubby ako? 3 months n rin ako nggym eh,,tnx
    ^ not necessary.. kain ka nalang ng fish/beef/pork :D masarap pa! haha
    ronald wrote:
    guys need ko b mgwhey protein khit n mejo chubby ako? 3 months n rin ako nggym eh,,tnx

not necessary. gaya ng sabi ni mam cheesecake.

para sa akin at ayon sa aking experience nag whey ako noong nasa tamang timbang na ko but if you have the money why not.

kung kaya ng budget okay ang whey but iba pa din kung ayos na ang diet mo at exercise addition nalang ang whey.
  • good day!! saan po ba nakakabili ng PRO MATRIX? wala kasi ako makita sa park n' square sa glorietta eh. Thanks po
    cash and carry sir
  • @Skkin: Thanks po. Will try to go to cash and carry bukas para bumili ng PRO MATRIX. :)
    no problem sir you can also try bodyblast okay din doon. :)

good luck
    bro pnu mgpunta ng bodyblast kung galing ako ng recto? tnx
    text mo nalang bro nag dedeliver sila. kung gusto mo talaga pmnta meron sila map

Bodyblast
  • AldrinAldrin Posts: 799
    ronald wrote:
    bro pnu mgpunta ng bodyblast kung galing ako ng recto? tnx

punta ka Tayuman LRT Station tapos baba ka ng abad santos tapos yun lakarin mo abad santos tapos hanapin mo yung mang inasal tapos may hagdan sa tabi ng mang inasal tapos akyat ka dun ng isang floor lang tapos un na dun sila sa gilid makikita mo kagad
    tnx red blak ko kse bumili ng promatrix eh
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    @red

recto siya galing eh mas madal ata pag mag doroteo jose siya, tama ba?
  • AldrinAldrin Posts: 799
    ^di ako familiar...basta may abad santos sa lrt na sasakyan mo...

@ronald

tandaan mo lagi ka mag tatanong dun..para hindi maligaw....
    ask ko lng mga sir kelan b dpt uminom ng promatrix before or after workout? tnx:)
    sa akin bro

30-45mins before workout and right after. mas importante para sa kin yung after/post workout

kaya lang ako nag pre pre workout whey kasi yun ang parang breakfast ko

i workout kasi every morning sa current program ko. sa May 1 gabi naman ako workout
    ako naman before going to bed umiinom promatrix.

Whey pre and post workout.