Sleep Problems Q&A thread

Comments

• riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    ^ See? You find it hard to calm your mind. That's the real problem. You have identified your problem, but have you done anything about it?

Find a solution to your problem. De-stress? Meditate? Read a fiction book? Relax by taking a warm bath? There are lots of solution out there. You just have to find the right one for you. Experiment. Try. Take action. I'm sure you'll find your solution. Your solution might be different from others but if it works for you, then so be it.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Ma e empty bat nako hirap sumagot ng mahabang reply sa mobile. I'll post later at home.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Ano ba yan nagkasagutan na hihi cool lang kayo :(
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    hahaha ikaw ba yan yatez?
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    wala namang nag-aaway

nagpapaliwanagan lang :)
    Sleeping is not really rocket science. No need to complicate things. Ulitin ko ulit yung binanggit ni vinch, make sleep as one of your priorities, just like training. Stop finding excuses on why you can't go to bed early. It is usually the root cause of your sleep problem.

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing personal with the discussion. It's just a healthy discussion about sleep problems.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Nice discussion. :)

@nrg - ikaw ba yung matangkad na naka white sa gwo?
    I Agree muka ka ngang stressed at kulang sa tulog gaya ng nabangit mo din sa first page hehehe.

Well dami magandang discussion, hope some of those could help you out.
    WARNING WALL OF TEXT!!!

Ok first and foremost we are actually veering away from the purpose of the thread. Thread is titled Sleep Q&A thread. under General Health and Awareness. and not "why do i get lack of sleep or please help me sleep better" thread.

First page was meant as a guideline only. The whole prupose of the thread is with the member asking for help why he can't sleep etc. (assuming he reads the first page)

The thread was going right with vinch raising the right questions.
    what's the issue here? "I cant sleep" OR "what keeps me awake"

and then came this
    I agree with boss vinch regarding this issue. Usually, it's a choice, a choice we unconsciously make because it already became part of our day to day lives, in short, it became a HABIT. Make SLEEP as a PRIORITY instead of pushing it back as the least important part of your day.

Solution? Unlearn those bad habits that keep you awake at night and develop new good ones to help you out get to bed early.

Let me give you a scenario, which has happened to me IRL:

I worked as mall architect for a high end mall. Having previously worked in a 8-5 job most of the day of the week. I was out of my comfort zone having a mid shift schedule of 3pm-12mn with fri&sat 9pm-6pm, working on holidays and no weekends. This was already stressful for me since I am having to continuously adjust my body clock to accomodate that 2 shift a week. Add to that the STRESS that customer's and tenants bring to you on a daily basis. (I received a death threat once).

This obviously disrupted my sleeping pattern, and having my nose bled for no reason at all. Can I still prioritize SLEEP in this situation? I obviously don't have the bad habit as you were saying.

After analyzing and weighing the Pros and cons, I quit my job just after 4months.

Problem: Job schedule and field of work
    Solution: Quit the job and look for another.

Would reading a book help me? would meditating help me? would taking a warm bath help me? Maybe, but this is all SHORT TERM solutions and not really addressing the real problem at all.

It is not always 1+1 = 2
    It is mostly a + b = X with X being variable. That's why the thread was created in the first place.

Now with my post:
    For me it's "what keeps me awake"

Sa article na pinost ni nrg,because of the urgency and stress in my field of work i think the best advice is writing down all i would do for tomorrow.

Pag i cant sleep kasi it more of my fault doing shit and stuff lol.

I will elaborate further,

I am now 4months into my new job, different from previous jobs I had. I handle construction of stores for different brands. Different brands, different managers, different needs and wants with regards to the project and to a certain extent, different work attitudes.

I am handling 14 brands at the moment with 1 brand having 3 simultaneous stores renovating. I am involved from the inception to the actual implementation of the project. It's like having 14 different girlfriends/wives that you have to please at the same time.

From the articles that NRG posted, I found out that it could help me when writing down what to do for tomorrow instead of figuring out the day itself and having to theorycraft in my head before I sleep (WHICH WAS THE CULPRIT). At least it takes a certain amount of work deducted with me writing down the possible solutions to the problems/issues.
    Sleeping pills are akin to supplements. They sell because people thinks that it's the easy way out to their sleep problems, wherein in fact, it's not.

Reading articles are fine, in fact, there are already tons of articles on the internet discussing about how to fix your sleep problems. The biggest problem I see is people usually shrug off these suggestions or maybe fail to implement it on their daily lives. Why? People are naturally HARD-HEADED. That's where self-realization comes in. Think hard, what's keeping you awake at night? Every persons answers may vary, that's why you need to take action and do it yourself. You can read hundreds, thousands, million of articles about sleep but if you fail to take action, it's pretty much another USELESS article.

And for the record, I don't consider reading articles as part of the solution. It's the first step towards the solution but you still need to take ACTION (implement, execute etc) to get to the SOLUTION.

That's why we are here to help, that's the purpose of this thread. Do not expect everyone to realize all of it in ONE SITTING.

and my post:
    articles with regards to helping you sleep better sometimes PINPOINT the causes which makes you go A-ha. Now the problem is how you apply the solution to your problem

I already said that it's up to the person whether he will do something about it or not.

Anyway, this topic coincides with our new S2B habit which is introduced today. I will be posting a lot of things related to sleep for the next two weeks on my journal. I'll keep you guys posted.

And please, for the first time I will disagree. As S2B has worked wonders for you, IT IS STILL TAILORED FIT BY YOUR COACH TO YOU. It is not the all mighty blueprint as you are implying in your posts.

Now with nrg500's post:
    there are really just times that I find it hard to calm my mind. yung bigla na lang may mga dumarating na isipin

tapos pag may naalala ako, chain reaction na, remembering one thing leads to another...

We had small talk while having our Post workout meal, and he is currently working in a mall. Now previously having experienced the environment, I know the amount of stress the job delivers.

Now to break it down further:
    I find it hard to calm my mind

You offered short term solutions to what is really a vague statement. That's why he mentioned:
    wish ko lang ganun sana kadali lahat

There are a lot of factors why he cant calm his mind, be it LOVELIFE, FUCKFACED BOSS,FAMILY PROBLEMS, FINANCIAL PROBLEMS or SHITTY PAY/Schedule.

It is one thing to offer quick fixes but it is also one thing to help solve the problem.

P.S. - with regards to urgency/job etc.

THEORY CRAFTING:

You are Pnoy, aside from thinning hair and homo accusations, the country is torn at war. Can you still prioritize sleep over the national issues? Yes you can, but you have to resign :lol

To solve problems, you must identify the factors, breaking it down to it's simplest form and then finding out the answers. Now, it will be up to the poster whether will he do something about it or not.

Pasensya na sa haba ng text, this are my thoughts and for the sake of discussion.
    Point taken. That's your story. The general things/solution I have been saying doesn't apply to your scenario. But you can't take away the fact that sleep troubles, at least for the majority of the folks, comes from shitty habits.

I had sleep problems too for at least for 31 years of my entire life. I am a father of three kids wherein two of them have exhibited "autism" symptoms. Those thoughts keep me awake at night too. I was badly in need of solution. I also tried reading a lot of things just to improve my sleep. I took supplements to enhance my sleep. I even recorded my sleeping patterns just to analyze what really is the problem. I can even provide a database of over a year of sleeping data/notes which I collected, and for the record, I still keep recording my sleeping times up to now. That's how desperate I am.

What did I found out from this experiment? Nada. Why? Because the answer I have been looking for was just under my nose. Yes. I failed to see my shitty habits before bedtime. And that's when it mattered. Once I started SEEING / IDENTIFYING, started ACTING and DOING things I read from articles, that's when my sleep got better. That's why you have to know where you stand.

I am giving a GENERAL template on how to deal with sleep problems. Only you know the details of your specific scenario. Take it only as a guideline. If it doesn't fit you, move on. No problemo. Don't take it personally. I may say and generalize HARSH realities, but that's my perception based on observations and experiences. I speak based on experience. I talk the talk, I walk the walk.

Just to close things out, lack of sleep is a very simple problem with also simple solution. Don't over complicate it.
    riddler wrote:
    Point taken. That's your story. The general things/solution I have been saying doesn't apply to your scenario. But you can't take away the fact that sleep troubles, at least for the majority of the folks, comes from shitty habits.

I had sleep problems too for at least for 31 years of my entire life. I am a father of three kids wherein two of them have exhibited "autism" symptoms. Those thoughts keep me awake at night too. I was badly in need of solution. I also tried reading a lot of things just to improve my sleep. I took supplements to enhance my sleep. I even recorded my sleeping patterns just to analyze what really is the problem. I can even provide a database of over a year of sleeping data/notes which I collected, and for the record, I still keep recording my sleeping times up to now. That's how desperate I am.

What did I found out from this experiment? Nada. Why? Because the answer I have been looking for was just under my nose. Yes. I failed to see my shitty habits before bedtime. And that's when it mattered. Once I started SEEING / IDENTIFYING, started ACTING and DOING things I read from articles, that's when my sleep got better. That's why you have to know where you stand.

I am giving a GENERAL template on how to deal with sleep problems. Only you know the details of your specific scenario. Take it only as a guideline. If it doesn't fit you, move on. No problemo. Don't take it personally. I may say and generalize HARSH realities, but that's my perception based on observations and experiences. I speak based on experience. I talk the talk, I walk the walk.

Just to close things out, lack of sleep is a very simple problem with also simple solution. Don't over complicate it.

That's why we have the thread, hence the title. To point out the things why we do not sleep well.

I am not offended or taking this personally. I am a realist and whatever situation we are in now is because of our previous actions. Law of cause and effect. I just elaborated on my scenario that it ain't easy as you say it is, and I have no intent of getting sympathy from others.

If we are able to apply the General things and solutions to all problems, then we don't need this thread.

Let's turn the time back when you had trouble sleeping, you obviously complicated things as well right? Before you reached self-actualization/realization you read tons and tons of articles (even gone to the extremes of recording your sleep patterns) that ultimately and unconsciously lead you to your solution.

You mentioned that you started to ACT based from the articles that you read doesn't that contradict your post:
    And for the record, I don't consider reading articles as part of the solution. It's the first step towards the solution but you still need to take ACTION (implement, execute etc) to get to the SOLUTION.

it is still part of how you RESOLVED your case. as it biased opinion that you do not consider it as a solution.

Yes you did walk the talk as you say but you were ONCE in that situtation where you complicated things and applied rocket science to sleeping as well.

We are here to help who are those in that situation. If it is simple at all, then life can be as easy as counting 1 to 3.

In the end, Life is a continuing learning process and doesn't end at a certain point.
    And that is why I am posting on this thread giving advice based on my experiences, it's because I don't want you guys to commit the same mistakes I did. Why do the same shit I did when I can steer you away from it? Makes sense? Call it tough love.

There is also a big difference between READING/KNOWING and ACTING. I know a lot of people who do know the solution to their problem but refuses to act accordingly, hence the differentiation.

I'll give you guys something to ponder on: "STOP PUSHING THE COMPLICATED BUTTON."
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Am gonna bump my q when the prob hit me again sometime.
    And that is why I am posting on this thread giving advice based on my experiences, it's because I don't want you guys to commit the same mistakes I did. Why do the same shit I did when I can steer you away from it? Makes sense? Call it tough love.

You are "enlightened" na kasi. So with your experience, you can help others. But as I've been pointing out the whole time it is not as simple as it is for those who are in it NOW given that you already paved your way out of that situation.
    There is also a big difference between READING/KNOWING and ACTING. I know a lot of people who do know the solution to their problem but refuses to act accordingly, hence the differentiation.

With this I agree, this thread no matter what great advice/article given if the person refuses to act despite already knowing the solution. it is up to him if he gonna do something about it.
    I'll give you guys something to ponder on: "STOP PUSHING THE COMPLICATED BUTTON."

How? can we make some kind of a chart? at least for easier/simple reference?

cant sleep well?
    . |
    . / \
    . yes no
    . | \
    GTFO why (etc)
    this
    thread

WTF ampanget nung chart lol
    "STOP PUSHING THE COMPLICATED BUTTON"

It's actually not pertaining to this particular issue, it's more like a thought to ponder regarding life in general. Think and reflect. :wink:

Anyway, enough of this madness, off to train lower body muna. Ciao!
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    sakit ng nose ko!

good convo tho, buti na lang kahit sh*t sched ako i still manage to sleep ... hehehe..
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    cge nga cge nga!!! pano ako makakatulog kung nag dudugo na ilong ko dito,hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idol ko mga taong mabilis makatulog, masandal tulog, ako sa case ko, pag ako nalipasan ng antok hirap nako makatulog. ex: inaantok nako ng 11pm eh gising pa anak ko, so dapat gising padin ako, tapos lilipas na makakatulog na sila ng 12am, ako naman mulat pa at nde nako makatulog,

and pag bagong sex ako,jakol, balbal, kantot. etc. hindi ako nakakatulog nagigign hyper ako lalo, lol!
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Order in the court! Order in the court!

Talk to my lawyer Atty. Tabla-Talo!

Garantisado walang pinanalo! Kung hinde Tabla... Talo!!!
    @dalts

Paps kung si DM yan no choice ka. Kung si JJ dapat me sleeping time talaga. Kaso iba "nagpapatayo" sayo sa gabi. LOL
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    monching11 wrote:
    @dalts

Paps kung si DM yan no choice ka. Kung si JJ dapat me sleeping time talaga. Kaso iba "nagpapatayo" sayo sa gabi. LOL

si dm nga papa, sanay matulog dito sa upuan ko naka karga nunuod ng victorias secret sa youtube, pampatulog nya lolz.
    Ahahahahah! Mana sayo paps

Posting this exclusive video provided to us within S2B for the benefit of the whole PBB community.

If you are really serious in fixing your sleep problems, I suggest you watch the video and digest everything they have to say (Mentor Kent and Coach Calvin).

Hopefully, you get to pick up something valuable from it as much as I did.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    ^NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    @ riddler

Thanks, bro

I will watch it later when I get gome

Online videos are blocked here in the office
    Update ko lang.

Listing my "to-do" and "problems-possible solutions" things for tomorrow really helped me alot with my situation, now I don't have any problems sleeping at all unless it's a personal choice not to sleep early.

Problema ko ngayon di ko na kaya mag puyat pag gusto ko mag adik maglaro hahaha
  • Mga ser,
    Pano nman ung case ng mga night shifts??? 4-5 hours lng matulog sa umaga minsan less pa compared sa 4-5hours na tulog sa gabi ... oks lng ba na mag work out then tulog ulit pag may oras? advisable p rin b na mag work out as long as kaya ng katawan? d b delikado un? ... should sleep be continuous or oks lng ung pa putol putol na tulog as long as you have time?
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    4-5 hours lng matulog sa umaga minsan less pa compared sa 4-5hours na tulog sa gabi ... oks lng ba na mag work out then tulog ulit pag may oras? advisable p rin b na mag work out as long as kaya ng katawan?

5 - 6 hours normal tulog ko brader, rule of thumb ko in training is :

2 - 4 hours of tulog > pahinga na lang, kaysa mag buhat
    5 - 6 hours of tulog > kayang kaya ng katawan ko mag buhat.

nang yayari kase sakin pag less 5 hours yung tulog ko eh "lutang" utak ko, kung uminom naman ako ng energy drink or kape or pre w.o, sakit nang ulo ko habang nagbubuhat. So, kaysa madisgrasya ako sa gym. Ipahinga ko na lang. IMO, Ikaw lang makakapag sabi kung kaya nang katawan mo magbuhat, depende na kase sa tao yun, baka ikaw 3 -4 hours of sleep eh energetic ka pa or matalas pa pag iisip mo, eh di go! pero kung hindi naman, I would suggest na pahinga na lang. :)
  • makiki-eps lang mga ser

sa akin ginagawa ko kumakaen ako ng saging at nainom ng gatas paghiga ko maya maya tulog na ako.
  • popoycantonpopoycanton Posts: 216
    pag night shift, nakakatulong ang 12mn last call for coffee, sa bahay dapat madilim ung kwarto mo, malayo sayo mga gadgets like phone, etc., minsan it helps to think about relaxing your traps, minsan naman it helps to relax from your toes towards your head relaxing each muscle at a time. Sometimes these shit work, sometimes hindi. A shot or two of alcohol sometimes helps, sometimes ubus na hindi ka padin makatulog :)
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    wala ako pag nasa bahay tulog na! halos bente oras araw araw ako gising malamang mailapa ko lang likod ko gg na! haha
    Pero yesssss! maayos na yung sched namin, makakabalik na ko sa normal sleep!!
  • learsi122613learsi122613 Posts: 126
    ako i only sleep 6 hours , tapos may iglip ng mga 20 mins, sa lunchbreak, tapos pagka galing sa work iglip muna mga 15mins, then overtime sa work, after 1hour, punta na ng gym, hindi naman ako pagod kasi lakas ng buhat ko, 4 sets 8 reps, kulang ba ako sa tulog ? :confused: