Journey to a strong back

Comments

• StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    Baka kasi ang akala niya na CNS fatigue ay Sciatica na pala. Na nagkaroon siya dahil sa dati niyang injury.

@nrg
    Agree ako sa kanila na need mong magdagdag, baka sakali pede to

Sunday - work: 9am to 10pm
    Monday - weight training: 9am to 10am / work: 1pm to 10pm BACK DAY
    Tuesday - work: 7am to 4pm
    Wednesday - work: 7am to 4pm di ko alam kung anong oras ka nakakauwi pero pede mo sigurong singitan ng chest, kahit 30 mins lang.
    Thursday - work: 7am to 4pm / school: 6pm to 9pm
    Friday - (REST DAY from work) weight training: 10am to 11am / school: 6pm to 9pm LEG DAY
    Saturday - (REST DAY from work)

At yung sa tulog mo naman, ang alam ko si papa dalts di rin 8 hours lagi ang tulog.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    @big dawg: i've already recommended POWER BODYBUILDING to nrg like 2 days ago :)

Oh shit I didn't see the post - then you da man haha! :)
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    @big dawg: but i was not aware of his schedule that time. So now, Im not sure if training is the issue or recovering from the training (both still). Coz he can adjust his training right away but im sure his recovery will still be the same and will take time to cope up.
    Btw fellas, it's HIGHLY unlikely nrg has been overtraining. He's been doing 2 exercises, 3 sets each on Monday and also on Friday. Get fucking real.lol When your body has 5 days per week rest, you don't need to take so much time off compared to more conventional splits duh. Also lets get something straight, the CNS takes a shitload more of a beating when you're pushing massive weights, ie 700lb squat vs 150-200lb squat, etc etc. Sorry if sounding like a dick, but n00bs with a couple years under their belt and get their "wisdom" from fucking Google or reading a few forums and MINIMAL real life experience need to refrain from giving advice if they don't know wtf they are talking about.

That also applies to diet. If you're a buck fifty on the scale, what da fuck gives you the right to preach about and endorse new fad diets found from Googling shit? If your a freak with a helluva physique to back it up from that magic diet, then by all means preach away. If not, useless blah blah blah I read this, he said this, I read that bullshit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and conventional nutritional methods have worked for decades regarding putting on muscle and strength. Show me the beasts that use IF. Show me the beasts that's used conventional wisdom regarding diet. I rest my case. ;)

No offense, just sayin'. :)
  • ^
    Well that was tough love. Natamaan (Felt affected) ako sa the n00bs part of the rant. Hahaha

I guess there's nothing to add until nrg comes back. Hahaha
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    @ Sir BD

PREACH!! Hahaha.

Truer words were never spoken !!!
  • inb4 the Big Dawg appraisal train

Edit: Big Dawg, I just repped you. Quality post man
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Hehehe IF + workout etc on here makes a good read indeed..

That's why I let my own experience teaches me well.

My take, human evolves thus changes is the constant thing happening on earth.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    You should be glad nrg, ang daming magagandang discussions dito.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    ^+100

Learning a lot from here too. Lol. From bodybuilding to CNS to stress management.
    Oh wow I shouldn't post when doing my p.w ritual of 2 Cobra's, getting angry mode for killing the heavy iron and watching JJ and Branch's delt video haha. Apologies to you Patrick - I tend to forget that you are a 15 y.o kid and shouldn't have been so rude and using foul language. Apologies to any one else if I offended.
  • ^
    No worries BD. I've delt with numerous chicks on their periods. Hahaha

It's cool tho. I could see CT Fletcher saying the same chit lol
    nrg500 wrote:
    Both strength and size

But my priority now is to be able to hit 2x of body weight in conventional dead lift using a rep range of 5 to 8

Just seen this post nrg - don't know how I missed it earlier my bad bro. I can't believe anybody else hasn't posted yet and said what I am about to say. You currently are pulling 132 lbs for 5 reps, and your short term goal is to be pulling 2x your bdwt - 312 lbs - for 5 to 8 reps? Are you serious bro? You are asking to MORE THAN DOUBLE your current poundage - from 132 to 312 - for REPS? Honestly man you have to be realistic. Even if you were NEW to the iron - a 100% n00b to the game when strength gains are usually great and move up faster than ever - even for that, adding 180 lbs to your dead for reps is a long term goal. However you are not a n00b, you've been at it 5 years brah, so to have such a goal in the short term is not probable by any means. That will probably take a couple years at BEST. And to be honest, depending on your genetics regarding strength, that could realistically take MUCH longer thana couple years. Based on your current numbers, a more realistic SHORT term goal would be 150-160 x 5. Then make another short term goal of lets say 180-190 x 5. Making such a big jump of 132 x 5 to 312 x 5 short term isn't realistic man sorry to say.

Btw, regarding the routine for that is out of my scope. If you want to get big I can help you, but I am not a true powerlifter so it would be best you get some input from Oak, DS, or read up on Westside training. Good luck.
    ^
    No worries BD. I've delt with numerous chicks on their periods. Hahaha

It's cool tho. I could see CT Fletcher saying the same chit lol

Bwahahha! Thanks kid I love you too! :p
  • Not comparing you to teenage girls BD. Just sayin i'm used to the heat :P Story time for the lols

PatrickStarr's girl: Babe, how do I look today?
    Me: Cute as fuk lol you look like minnie mouse
    PatrickStarr's girl: HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT YOU AS*HOLE I TOOK A LOT OF TIME TO LOOK GOOD FOR YOU AND SH*T AND ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS THAT I LOOK LIKE F*CKING MINNIE MOUSE????

I rest my case. Hahaha

Edit: no disrespect but whut you pull 132 lbs. for 5 years worth? dafuq is dis? :O
  • DregPittDregPitt Posts: 987
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Oh wow I shouldn't post when doing my p.w ritual of 2 Cobra's, getting angry mode for killing the heavy iron and watching JJ and Branch's delt video haha. Apologies to you Patrick - I tend to forget that you are a 15 y.o kid and shouldn't have been so rude and using foul language. Apologies to any one else if I offended.

2 cobras! wew! is this 1 hour before work out sir BD? ive been thinking of using other pw supps other than drinking coffee and 2 bananas. im stuck with my lifting stats and it looks like that i need to step my game up.

btw. lots of good reads here. :D
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    ^sir i think sir BD is taking his cobra atleast 10-15min before a workout, taking it 1 hour prior will give you a bad crash in my opinion, and you will really not reap cobra's benefits that way based on my experience cause i also take a bottle before working out. =))
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    believe me, those 2 350ml cobras are patented lol!
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Big dawg's and milksworth's back lat spread= 2 COBRAs hehe

• Edit: no disrespect but whut you pull 132 lbs. for 5 years worth? dafuq is dis? :O

How is that possible? I wanna know so as to avoid it happening to me.
    Good discussions here. Learned tons.
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    gusto ko makisali, pero. magbabasa nalang ako, katamad mag type, lol
    sarap magbasa!

One thing I learned on myself pulling my hardest DL's and everything.. from shit weights to I am shit on that weights.

Train hard.. consistently you'll get there

Eat... nuff` said

Rest... We grow while we rest.

Sleep... man, I am fuckin' up on this one since I'm a call center boy. Damn shifting schedule ( I feel you brah allen101 )

Then, If I can't lift that fuckin dead weight, then re think what I have been doing... lack of training? under eating? Lack of sleep or rest?

My 2 cents.
  • Nice quality posts by sir bd and ds. Sarap magbasa. Learning a lot.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    I guess NRG's experimental minimalist training routine+IF isn't working wonders on him afterall.

Time to change brah!
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    AUGUST 09, 2013 (Friday)

body weight - 156 lbs (measured at 7:30AM right after waking up)

training time start - 10:50 AM
    training time end - 12:00 NN

Main Exercise 1 - Conventional Dead Lift
    warm up - olympic bar only @ 6 reps
    warm up - 102 lbs @ 4 reps
    warm up - 102 lbs @ 3 reps
    1st set - 137 lbs @ 6 reps
    2nd set - 122 lbs @ 7 reps
    3rd set - 107 lbs @ 8 reps

Main Exercise 2 - Push Press
    warm up - olympic bar only @ 4 reps
    warm up - 42 lbs @ 4 reps
    1st set - 72 lbs @ 6 reps
    2nd set - 62 lbs @ 7 reps
    3rd set - 52 lbs @ 8 reps

Accessory Exercise 1 - Neutral Grip Chin Up
    1st set - BW @ 6 reps
    2nd set - BW @ 6 reps
    3rd set - BW @ 3 reps

I have increased the rep range for the main exercises, from 5 - 7 reps to 6 - 8 reps. For Bench press next week, will use 8 - 10 reps

Accessory exercises will now use 8 -10

My post workout meal

110alna.jpg

half roasted chicken, skin not eaten
    ~400g of carbs from white rice
    lengua
    Do you do warm ups for your lifts? I noticed you jumped up to your max set for your first set already, eat the chicken skin bro, don't be afraid of that fat it's a good way to bump up your calories a bit higher our body needs atleast 0.45 * (bodyweight) of fat as a MINIMUM so you can exceed this number in your case it's about 70g of fat for normal hormonal functions, and i read that your goal weight is 165lbs right? Eat that skin or just give it to me :)
    I eat animal fat/skin but I minimize it in my post workout meal. I need lots of carbs and protein in my post workout meal and I noticed too much fat in my post workout meal makes me feel full sooner

On my rest days, I eat loads of fat
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    question @nrg why is it that the weight ramps down byt the time you get to your last set? i mean i somewhat just don't get the purpose. Unless we are talking about reverse pyramid training w/c the rep range normally becomes smaller at the end of the set by the way. :)
    Treat the chicken skin as a dessert sir eat it at the end of your meal, it's so tasty to ignore and also remember it's extra calories that makes you fat not the macronutrient fat, look up at the ketogenic diet it will change your view on fats.
    @ DSmallDivide

Sir, it's reverse pyramid training

http://www.leangains.com/2008/12/reverse-pyramid-revisited.html

Compared to the 1st set, the 2nd set will be 1 or 2 reps higher but the weight will be reduced by 10 to 12.5 %. For the 3rd set, the weight will be reduced again by 10 to 12.5% again but will add again 1 or 2 reps

@ Yatez

Yes, bro, I know fat is not evil :)

I eat lots fat on my rest days. Butter, animal fat, coconut, eggs, cream cheese, avocado, etc
    oh the RPT hehehe.