The Game Changer..

The Teenage years

These are the years where most of the boys screw up their lives and I should say i am one of those boys.
I spent most of my teenage years by sitting in front of the computer and play games all day.. and all night as well.
I am also a magnet of alcoholic guys so basically, I was addicted to beer and having friends from different places.
By that time i was not aware of what life actually is, I spent my Testosterone and my Superior Highlander genes *winks
to some trashy and i should say dangerous kind of lifestyle. Question is, did i regret those years? Answer is No , I was happy i actually did that, because without those years of going home late at night wondering "Paano ako nakauwi?" "Lasing na naman ako" I wouldn't think of "Gusto ko na mag bago"
but the devil didn't stop there, after i graduated from college the drinking spree continued for the next 3 years, there was that one that i had to go to a clinic to get medical certificate, found out that my blood pressure is not normal for my age (I was 20 by that time)

The Transition

After several years of wasting precious testosterone in front of the computer and some bar and inuman, I finally decided to change my obsession and get a good direction in life. I got to admit i am one of the "New year's Resolutioners" I planned everything The night after the New years eve, The plan was "Walang beer" I even stopped going out on weekends to avoid any unplanned get together with friends which leads to of course.. beer. The sudden of lifestyle is the most difficult thing i ever did in my life. I was really struggling on my first week. My mind was polluted with the thought of "I just want to stop drinking alcohol" Then I retreat a few steps and planned everything again but this time i take things differently, How different?

The Game Changer

I basically did not change anything drastically, the plan's duration was 12 weeks.
First week Drink 3 liters of water a day, For me this is the most essential whether you try to Cut, maintain or bulk. I started out by filling out (3) empty 1 liter bottles of Coca-cola and leave it in the fridge. Cold or warm water it doesn't matter, water is water. This is very beneficial you'll find out why

Second week Removed processed foods, candies, sweets, soft drinks from my diet. I put this in second priority since this is easy to avoid and i don't want to stress myself out on the second week of my cutting by overthinking "oh no! i have to avoid everything" Jesus no. just avoid these stuff first lol

Third week Stopped eating Fast-foods, Fried foods (as much as possible) This one is tough for me, since my work place doesn't have anything but fast-food restaurants. I failed this week and planned to do a redo on the fifth week.

Forth week Less starchy carbs. by that time the only carbs that i know was "White rice" so yea i don't have to be intelligent lol. Cut out half of my rice intake on that week. It was a no problemo for me to cut the rice on my diet since i drink a lot of water throughout the day.

Fifth week Started hitting the gym and brought baon to the office. What baon? I basically cooked 3 meals, 1 for my lunch and the other 2 for my 15 minute coffee break, My lunch was Revolving to 3 kinds of ulam Chicken Thighs with Broccoli and 1 cup of rice, 3 hard boiled egg whites and 2 whole with 2 kamatis 1 cup of rice, ground beef with onions 1 cup rice. The 2 other meals were 2 tbsp peanut butter 4 slices of bread and a large banana or apple, not really a fan of wheat bread. it taste like cardboard others would disagree but i wouldn't go for it even if it makes a lot of difference those meals i said above were easy to buy and prepare, i prefer to meal prep on Sunday and pack everything in the fridge. So i don't have wake up so early in the morning to prepare 3 meals for the day lol.

Sixth week Started reading books and articles online about fitness, food and health. I also got myself examined, It checks out! My Blood pressure dropped to normal. I went from 195lbs to 170lbs in 5 weeks time. I was wondering by that time if that 25lbs loss is normal.

Seventh week Started out tracking macros, went to the gym regularly. i was WOW'd by that 25lbs loss in just 5 weeks and i didn't even hit the gym regularly by that time. I carried out everything i've learned from the past 6 weeks so what I did was I got myself a full time membership on a Gym near my area.

Eight week Keto diet, I did a lot of reading on my free time and i learned this method which i applied on the 8th week of my cutting plan. This was the most impactul at least for me. It really deliver results. I limit my macros to Carbs: 100g, Protein: 170g, Fat: 70g, 1400cal a day. By that time i also started taking Whey protein as a substitute for food since i'm having trouble eating 170g of protein. i can only consume 100g of protein from lean sources like chicken, beef and tuna, So i had to take the supp.

149lbs 15% body fat - Ninth week in

Ninth week Carried out Keto diet until the end of the 12 week plan. By this time I looked like a normal/healthy person, I never felt so healthy my whole life. this is by far the best conditioning i've had. but i can feel my strength declined dramatically

139lbs 12% body fat - Tenth week in

Tenth week Man I'm so thin, with 12% body fat - I ain't competing or whatever by that time i just wanted to test the waters and go for broke "go for single digits" I don't care anymore about how small i am by that time. I said to myself. It is a statement that will go down in history with a lot of other regretted statements. "Let me out of the plane, The Filipino People want to see me" said by Ninoy Aquino. "Magpapasagasa ako sa tren" by PNoy "Hindi napuputol ang linya ng PLDT" some idiot tech nerd. such was cutting to 9% body fat idea by yours truly.

132lbs 10% body

Eleventh week Eliminated salt and water from my diet - This is the lightest i have been my entire life. I didn't regret diving this deep, I know most of you guys would disagree with my decision as this was not wise and not ideal for a non competitor like me. but hey, Imagine the hard work and discipline i developed on my 12 week journey, from 195lbs to 132lbs i can live with that even if it's stupid, what i did was for myself, i use to live life dangerously i guess that attitude i carried out from day one.

Final week Assessment and bulking plan :) since i achieved my goal in just 12 weeks, it's time to get big. planned a slow bulk or a lean bulk i should say. the plan was to slowly bump up the calorie intake every week until i reach 3000 calories, I don't want immediately jump into 3000 calories after getting used to eating 1300 calories.

Comments

• 146lbs 14% body fat

First 3 months of bulking Bulking was really fun, before i used to disregard isolation movements when i was cutting I mainly focus on compound lifts (bench, deadlift, squats) my lifts pre-bulk @ 135lbs were Bench: 150lbs x 3 / Deadlift: 200lbs x 3 / Squat: 170lbs 1RM, used to be a power lifter when i was cutting and i find it very effective for cutting at least for me. Now I included isolation movements on my routine. My lifts while on bulk at 146lbs were Bench: 150lbs x 10 / Deadlift: 200lbs x 10 / Squat: 200lbs x 5

152lbs 14% body fat

6 months into bulking I dropped my Calorie intake from 3000 to 2800. since i started to notice some fat gains around the love handles and pectoral area. kind of annoying whenever i get fat these 2 areas are the first to get floppy. But i can live with that, so i dropped 200 calories basically from carbs. i am now eating 390g of carb 160g protein and 50g fat

172lbs 15% body fat - 9 months in

9 months into bulking as of January 2016. celebrated my first year of Fitness, as for the celebration I ate 10,000 calories on new years eve. yes that's crazy big but it was fun but not so much the day after (wish i still have my phone to share my 10,000 calorie treat :( ) This is my current physique. i kept my body fat at 14% - 15% for the past 9 months i guess that's sub par but I can deal with that. from this point in time i am still learning and of course bulking until i reach 205lbs and hopefully next year i can cut back to 10% body fat again hehe.

• very inspiring. i was losing motivation kasi puro kainan left and right for the past 2 months. akala ko tapos na yung kainan sa christmas, tapos andami naman nagpa-despedida nung january at feb pabalik sa canada/US puro oily foods. ngayun, im slowly going back on track. kakainggit naman yung katawan mo kuya haha. magkakaron din aku nyan hehehe

• very inspiring. i was losing motivation kasi puro kainan left and right for the past 2 months. akala ko tapos na yung kainan sa christmas, tapos andami naman nagpa-despedida nung january at feb pabalik sa canada/US puro oily foods. ngayun, im slowly going back on track. kakainggit naman yung katawan mo kuya haha. magkakaron din aku nyan hehehe

when the holidays come...i planned ahead, i started doing keto again dec 1..by xmas time i lost around 10lbs...ill go back to carbs after summer...

Suki din ako ng handaan these past 2 months. Like @Troll_W_a_Heart said i plan ahead, cut your calorie i take throughout the day prior to the event. Just make sure you are meeting you protein intake. But you know man don't stress yourself out we can't avoid kainan and handaan just be happy and don't regret it, just make sure you bounce back the day after.