Arnold Schwarzenegger's Full Body Routine

Mga sir, itatanong ko lang po kung ano opinion nyo sa  mga article na ito. maraming salamat po  :biggrin:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112649251&pagenumber=8
https://www.t-nation.com/training/full-body-workouts-of-the-legends

"...from "How to Gain Weight, Train Hard, Get Massive"
by Arnold Schwarzenegger
as told to Gene Mozee (Ironman, March 1994)...

"Heavy movements stimulate the deep-lying muscle fibers that lighter movements never reach. The objective is to use fewer exercises, employ heavier poundages and train your whole body in one workout. I gained most of my weight and massiveness on a program of 10 exercises that I performed three times a week. After I reached a satisfactory bodyweight, I changed over to the more advanced split system and began training six days a week."

"If you need to put on 20 pounds or more, the following program is for you."

Gain-Weight Routine
Squats 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
Bench Presses 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
Incline Presses 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
Wide-Grip Chins 5 x 8-10
Bent-Over Rows 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
Behind-the-Neck-Presses 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
Barbell Curls 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
Lying Triceps Extensions 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
Deadlifts 5 x 3-5 (building up to one max set)
Machine Calf Raises 5 x 10-15

"The above program will build tremendous size and power, but it's too rugged for the beginning bodybuilder. Here's a more appropriate version for the novice."

Beginner Routine
Bent-knee Situps 1 x 15-25
Squats 3 x 10
Bench Presses 3 x 8-10
Bent-Over Rows 3 x 8-10
Military Presses 3 x 8-10
Barbell Curls 3 x 8-10
Deadlifts 2 x 10
Machine Calf Raises 3 x 15-20
Bent-leg Leg Raises 1 x 15-25

"During the first week of training do only one set of each exercise and rest for two to three minutes between exercises. Do two sets for the second week and increase to three sets for the fourth week. If the reps are easy when you hit the top number in the listed range, add weight to the bar - five to 10 pounds is sufficient. Increase the weight whenever possible, but use correct form at all times without straining. Beginners can make continuous progress for at least three months on this program."

"If you're a bodybuilder who works long hours or has limited time to train for some other reason, try the following routine."

Abbreviated Mass Routine
Squats 5 x 6-8
Bench Presses 5 x 6-8
Wide-Grip Chins
or Pulldowns 5 x 8-10
Behind-the-Neck-Presses 5 x 6-8
Barbell Curls 5 x 6-8
Lying Triceps Extensions 5 x 6-8
Deadlifts 5 x 3-5 (building up to one max set)

"Although this version is somewhat shorter, some people gain faster on fewer exercises - probably because they're able to recuperate better and they don't become exhausted from their training."

- "Rest for two minutes between sets of squats and deadlifts, but for most other exercises keep your rest to no more than 1 1/2 minutes."

- "Use these programs three days a week with at least a day of rest between workouts. For example, train on Monday, Wednesday and Friday."

Of course there was more to the article than that, but that sums it up."

"The Golden Six

A Barbell Squat 4x10
B Wide-Grip Barbell Bench Press 3x10
C Chin-Up 3x*
D Behind-the-Neck Overhead Press 4x10
E Barbell Curl 3x10
F Bent Knee Sit-Up 3-4 failure

* As many reps as you can for 3 sets

And that's it. Simple, direct, and effective. Like most full body workouts, he recommended doing them three times a week on alternating days with no weight training performed on rest days. Because of the low volume employed, this type of full body routine is ideal for beginners and those solely looking for strength gains."

Comments

• pmdbpmdb Posts: 34
    You can try this for a number of weeks. It's all up to you. The important thing to ask yourself is, "Is it working for ME?" It may have worked for the Terminator, but it does not mean it would work for you. Finding what works for you is a trial-and-error process. And what works today may not work for you a year or two from now. If you like following other people's programs, I suggest trying the said program out for a minimum of 8 weeks then assess your development from there. Cheers.
  • jdvmjdvm Posts: 4
    Sir pmdb salamat po sa advice. ?