About sa mga protein etc etc.

Hi good day guys, bago palang ako nag gym mga 2months palang.
for the past 2 months more on compound workout lng ako and cardio. ngayon mag uumpisa na ako sa mga isolation. ung instructor ko wala sinasabe tungkol sa mga supplements. now ang tanong ko ok lng ba ndi mag take ng ganito? at ano mga effects nito as well as side effects? Salamat po

Comments

• dimzon03dimzon03 Posts: 1,552
    turbonis wrote:
    Hi good day guys, bago palang ako nag gym mga 2months palang.
    for the past 2 months more on compound workout lng ako and cardio. ngayon mag uumpisa na ako sa mga isolation. ung instructor ko wala sinasabe tungkol sa mga supplements. now ang tanong ko ok lng ba ndi mag take ng ganito? at ano mga effects nito as well as side effects? Salamat po

bro ok lang hindi magtake ng supplements kung hindi kaya ng budget mo, bili ka nalng ng pagkain pero kung may extra budget ka talaga edi ok...bili ka ng supplement na trip mo.

sa side effect naman ng supplement...depende sa tao yan at sa supplement na ite-take mo.
    gawa ka journal mo pala dun mo post mga log at tanung mo :)
  • Diet first before you go for supplements.

I won't explain in detail since you can just google this. First based on your weight and how active you are you compute how much energy (calories) you use up in a day. Then you look up how many calories the food you eat contains to find out how much you need to eat aka calorie counting. You eat upto about 20% more calories than what you need in order to have extra so your body can build muscle aka calorie surplus. Look up on a food pyramid to see how much of each macronutrient you should have. Also, it's generally accepted that protein you eat should be 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.

And here's where supplements come in. If you can't eat the protein needed per day that's when you get whey protein. If you can't eat enough calories that's when you get mass gainer. FYI the whole foods are a lot better, eggs are a good, cheap, source of protein, it has vitamins as well. Milk is another source, it has calcium among other things. Beef has creatine aside from protein. Unless your diet is already good, I'd suggest you use your money adding 10 kilos of beef to your monthly consumption instead of going for supplements, it'll help more.

I don't recommend creatine supplementation for people starting out either. A trainer friend of mine explained to me long ago, people new to lifting have to adapt their joints to the stress. If they take creatine allowing them to lift more there's a chance they end up getting injured at the joints. It's not just the muscle that needs to adapt it's your whole body.

On another note, when you're just new to lifting weights you're not yet lifting to the limit of what your body can. That's one reason some trainers don't bother asking about your protein intake at the start.