Noob

I registered a couple months ago but have only decided to post now, this being my first! :)

Kung may premyo sa taong ipinagbubukas pa ang mga pwede namang gawin ngayon, ako na  siguro ang kampeon. I started working out 5 years ago, pero ganado lang parati for the first few months. Resuming only after a year again, the cycle never stops kaya walang progress.

I'm lucky because I can buy supplements and can afford to hit the gym- pero yung disiplina, hindi lahat meron nyan. It has to grow from within, sa sarili. Wala talagang mangyayari kung bigla ka na lang tatamarin.

Pero nakukuha din naman minsan ang disiplina sa tulong ng iba. I hope that PBB will help me overcome this hurdle, and that you guys believe that I can do it. Your words of encouragement goes a long way!

Allow me to share a line from the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" and I quote:
"If you want somethin', go get it. Period."

I want this and I'm gonna go get it!  :yahoo:

Comments

• Welcome brother..

Just curios.. ano yung mga instances or situation why napapahinto ka?
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    welcome to pbb. isipin mo nalang mag gigirlfriend ka ng gym. commitment tlga.
  • Welcome bro. Wag ka magalala dahil hindi lang ikaw ang napahinto ng madaming beses. Normal yan, hindi biro ang pagbubuhat kasi it will consume your life with minimal return of investment. Learn from experience lang and try not to quit whatever the reason. I personally believe that lifting as a sport or a hobby can co-exist with a normal life. It doesn't need a special lifestyle, just plain hard work inside and outside the gym.

Tip ko lang sayo... just keep lifting. You dont need motivation such as, may popormahan kang girl, may pinaghahandaang outing, may health issues, social pressure or competition. Kasi pag wala na lahat yan and you found yourself still doing your thing, I'd say, your game is on! goodluck...
  • erwinbrion wrote:
    Welcome brother..

Just curios.. ano yung mga instances or situation why napapahinto ka?

Thanks bro!

Good question. Probably my bad habit of procrastinating, really can't get over with. It doesn't only affect my attitude towards working out but it also costs my job in general.

See, I'm a programmer, I basically work at home and kontrolado ko naman oras ko bro so It can't be a reason. I'm making a decision in my mind and I'm wondering why I'm not carrying it out.

Lazyness can be one. I really need to force a start. So really, the most important thing I can do is start. Time management coupled with commitment and dedication applies to bodybuilding too.

I hope I have this kind of attitude as much as you guys do. :)
  • BANE wrote:
    welcome to pbb. isipin mo nalang mag gigirlfriend ka ng gym. commitment tlga.

hehe salamat sir Bane! I like when you said girlfriend at hindi "syota"- no short-term commitments when hitting the gym, long-term talaga. :)
  • dimzon03dimzon03 Posts: 1,552
    welcome po sir sa PBB :)
  • Welcome bro. Wag ka magalala dahil hindi lang ikaw ang napahinto ng madaming beses. Normal yan, hindi biro ang pagbubuhat kasi it will consume your life with minimal return of investment. Learn from experience lang and try not to quit whatever the reason. I personally believe that lifting as a sport or a hobby can co-exist with a normal life. It doesn't need a special lifestyle, just plain hard work inside and outside the gym.

Tip ko lang sayo... just keep lifting. You dont need motivation such as, may popormahan kang girl, may pinaghahandaang outing, may health issues, social pressure or competition. Kasi pag wala na lahat yan and you found yourself still doing your thing, I'd say, your game is on! goodluck...

Well said Boss V..
  • [/quote]

Thanks bro!

Good question. Probably my bad habit of procrastinating, really can't get over with. It doesn't only affect my attitude towards working out but it also costs my job in general.

See, I'm a programmer, I basically work at home and kontrolado ko naman oras ko bro so It can't be a reason. I'm making a decision in my mind and I'm wondering why I'm not carrying it out.

Lazyness can be one. I really need to force a start. So really, the most important thing I can do is start. Time management coupled with commitment and dedication applies to bodybuilding too.

I hope I have this kind of attitude as much as you guys do. :)[/quote]

Share ko lang din bro.. Nung mag start ako mag buhat way back 2006, sobrang wala talaga akong alam tapos na frustrate ako kase parang walang nangyayari kaya napahinto ako. Tapos ilang beses ko sinubukang bumalik pero wala yung gana ko.

Last year lang uli ako nakabalik, pero this time inaral ko na talaga. From proper form hanggang sa diet. Hopefully ma maintain ko yung enthusiasm ko. Pero ang nakatulong talaga sa akin eh yung pag set ko ng goals. Kahit maliit lang as long as na-achieved ko.

maraming salamat master vinch, very well said po! :)

A little encouragement and enlightenment goes a long way, this is the kind that motivates me.

"Kasi pag wala na lahat yan and you found yourself still doing your thing, I'd say, your game is on!" right on! salamat sir.  :smile:
  • dimzon03 wrote:
    welcome po sir sa PBB :)

salamat sir dimzon! :)