What's the best Supplement and Gym Program to take?

Hi everyone,

Im just starting to go to gym, mga mag 1 week plng. And I have no idea what is the best supplement to take. Others suggests, whey protein ung iba naman mutant mass. Since mdyo payat ako, mas matatagalan dw kc kung hndi ako mag ttake. And nttkot lng ako na baka instead na mag grow ng muscle mas mag drop ako ng weight, though mdyo malakas naman ako kumain, mabilis kasi metabolism ko..

Im slim on the arms, and average from chest pababa.. 5'8 ht, around 60kg wt. What do you guys suggest?

Also im following this program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw1.htm  --  Tell me what you guys think about it..

Thank you dun sa mga magrereply :)

Comments

• Hi everyone,

Im just starting to go to gym, mga mag 1 week plng. And I have no idea what is the best supplement to take. Others suggests, whey protein ung iba naman mutant mass. Since mdyo payat ako, mas matatagalan dw kc kung hndi ako mag ttake. And nttkot lng ako na baka instead na mag grow ng muscle mas mag drop ako ng weight, though mdyo malakas naman ako kumain, mabilis kasi metabolism ko..

Im slim on the arms, and average from chest pababa.. 5'8 ht, around 60kg wt. What do you guys suggest?

Also im following this program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw1.htm  --  Tell me what you guys think about it..

Try and make sure what body type you have first. If you are an ectomorph ( http://www.directlyfitness.com/store/3-body-types-explained-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph/ ) and have difficulty gaining weight, I suggest you start with Optimum Nutrition's Serious Mass. I would recommend you consult a doctor first and tell him what you plan to take. Multi-vitamins will help as well.
  • jmac0611 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Try and make sure what body type you have first. If you are an ectomorph ( http://www.directlyfitness.com/store/3-body-types-explained-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph/ ) and have difficulty gaining weight, I suggest you start with Optimum Nutrition's Serious Mass. I would recommend you consult a doctor first and tell him what you plan to take. Multi-vitamins will help as well.

I just read the link that you have sent, I guess Im an ectomorph then. Thanks for the tip, will look Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass in the market. Any idea how much does that cost? I was actually planning on using Nitro Tech, it was also just suggested to me. Any idea which is better?

Thanks
  • jmac0611 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I just read the link that you have sent, I guess Im an ectomorph then. Thanks for the tip, will look Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass in the market. Any idea how much does that cost? I was actually planning on using Nitro Tech, it was also just suggested to me. Any idea which is better?

Thanks

Good Job on checking the link.. You may want to read up about Macros and Nutrition also.. Knowing your body type is the first step. After that, knowing your Macros and hitting them would ensure that you're moving toward your goal. 

As for your question between ON serious mass and Nitrotech, there really is no direct answer to it coz each of us responds differently to supplements. And it is really not a guarantee that you'll gain mass from it. What I can guarantee though is that if your eating the right amount of food for your age, weight and goal; you should be gaining mass in no time.
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    Hi everyone,

1. Ang dami talagang kagaguhan pagdating sa fitness industry. Di ko masisi ang newbies kung bakit supplement agad ang tinatanong. WALA PONG SPECIAL MUSCLE-BUILDING PROPERTIES ang protein galing sa whey powder supplement. Same lang ang protein galing sa whey at protein galing sa karne (baboy, manok, baka, isda, etc). Ang advantage lang ng protein powder supplements ay yung convenience kasi iinumin mo lang. Madali uminom ng 75 grams of protein pero matagal kumain ng karne na may 75 grams of protein. Yung mga so-called "mass gainer" ay tadtad lang ng carbs para mapataas ang calorie intake mo. To gain mass, you need more calories. Ang tanong ay kung anong type ng mass ang ma-gain mo, muscle or fat ? Kung gusto mo lang talaga tumaas ang timbang mo, lumamon ka maghapon ng Krispy Kreme donut.

2. Walang "best supplement". Ayusin mo ang diet mo, focus sa whole food at green leafy vegetables. Wag ka na rin magtanong kung may supplement na pwede i-take para pwede ng di kumain ng gulay. You don't need supplements to build muscle mass

3. Start with a simple training program like Wendler 5/3/1. Focus on coumpound exercises (squat, deadlift, standing press, bench press, dips, pull ups, rows, etc) but don't neglect the isolation exercises (calf raise, shrug, tricep pressdown, curls). No need to go crazy with isolation exercise, one or 2 exercises will do. Kailangan may progressive overload. Wag ka mag-expect ng gains kung same weight same reps lang bubuhatin every workout. Dapat pahirap ng pahirap ang exercise. Di kailangan magbabad sa gym, 1 hour to 1.5 hours ay ok na. You build muscle when you are resting. Wag mo gayahin yung mga 6 workout days per week ng mga celebrities or athletes or ng mga steroid users.

4. Wag magpuyat at matulog ng maayos. Kung may asawa ka na o girlfriend, maganda pampatulog ang sex (masturbation doesn't count). Walang definite number para sa optimum number of hours of sleep. Basta pag nagising ka at feeling refreshed ka, ok na yun. Pero pag paggising mo ay parang shit ang pakiramdam mo, di maganda ang tulog mo regardless kung 8 hours pa. I'd rather have a continuous 6-hour sleep than an intermittent 8-hour sleep
  • nrg500 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

1. Ang dami talagang kagaguhan pagdating sa fitness industry. Di ko masisi ang newbies kung bakit supplement agad ang tinatanong. WALA PONG SPECIAL MUSCLE-BUILDING PROPERTIES ang protein galing sa whey powder supplement. Same lang ang protein galing sa whey at protein galing sa karne (baboy, manok, baka, isda, etc). Ang advantage lang ng protein powder supplements ay yung convenience kasi iinumin mo lang. Madali uminom ng 75 grams of protein pero matagal kumain ng karne na may 75 grams of protein. Yung mga so-called "mass gainer" ay tadtad lang ng carbs para mapataas ang calorie intake mo. To gain mass, you need more calories. Ang tanong ay kung anong type ng mass ang ma-gain mo, muscle or fat ? Kung gusto mo lang talaga tumaas ang timbang mo, lumamon ka maghapon ng Krispy Kreme donut.

2. Walang "best supplement". Ayusin mo ang diet mo, focus sa whole food at green leafy vegetables. Wag ka na rin magtanong kung may supplement na pwede i-take para pwede ng di kumain ng gulay. You don't need supplements to build muscle mass

3. Start with a simple training program like Wendler 5/3/1. Focus on coumpound exercises (squat, deadlift, standing press, bench press, dips, pull ups, rows, etc) but don't neglect the isolation exercises (calf raise, shrug, tricep pressdown, curls). No need to go crazy with isolation exercise, one or 2 exercises will do. Kailangan may progressive overload. Wag ka mag-expect ng gains kung same weight same reps lang bubuhatin every workout. Dapat pahirap ng pahirap ang exercise. Di kailangan magbabad sa gym, 1 hour to 1.5 hours ay ok na. You build muscle when you are resting. Wag mo gayahin yung mga 6 workout days per week ng mga celebrities or athletes or ng mga steroid users.

4. Wag magpuyat at matulog ng maayos. Kung may asawa ka na o girlfriend, maganda pampatulog ang sex (masturbation doesn't count). Walang definite number para sa optimum number of hours of sleep. Basta pag nagising ka at feeling refreshed ka, ok na yun. Pero pag paggising mo ay parang shit ang pakiramdam mo, di maganda ang tulog mo regardless kung 8 hours pa. I'd rather have a continuous 6-hour sleep than an intermittent 8-hour sleep

Well said brother.
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    nrg500 wrote:

4. Wag magpuyat at matulog ng maayos. Kung may asawa ka na o girlfriend, maganda pampatulog ang sex (masturbation doesn't count). 

I second that!  :lol: i think sa pag chochoke ng salami kaya mahirap makatulog nastistimulate ung brain kaya lalong nagigising even after the deed. compared sa sex, spontanous ung activity walang isip isip, ung animalistic ish ung gumagana hahaha
  • Since mdyo payat ako, mas matatagalan dw kc kung hndi ako mag ttake. And nttkot lng ako na baka instead na mag grow ng muscle mas mag drop ako ng weight, though mdyo malakas naman ako kumain, mabilis kasi metabolism ko..

FYI, the fact that you're thin means hindi ka pa malakas kumain. You might already eat a lot more than other people around you, but if they have a slower metabolism and/or more sedentary lifestyle then they have a different definition of malakas kumain. You need to calculate how many calories you burn in a day (google it up), then you need to eat more than that each day in order to build muscle (aka a calorie surplus). From there you determine how much food you need to eat in a day by looking at how much carbohydrates, protein, and fat the different types of food you eat contains. Usually for ectomorphs, you start by increasing the number of meals in a day until you can build up your appetite. Once you crunch the numbers, you'll realize how much of a chore it is to prepare that much food everyday. Then you'll actually have to eat it. I consider the diet harder than the workouts, but if you want your body to improve you'll have to stick with it.

This is why, as already mentioned, people opt for whey protein. It's easier to drink than to eat meat. Consider though that 10 kgs. of meat (about 25% protein) has about 2.5 kgs. protein, 5lbs. of whey (roughly same cost as 10 kgs. meat) contains only 1.8 kgs. protein. Also, the meat contains creatine as well. And eggs are an even cheaper source of good protein. Even if you go for whey protein though, you still need to calculate how much protein your diet is lacking that the whey needs to replace. Kaya nga supplements tawag dun. Problem with some people is that they just take a scoop after workout and think it's enough, then they have the typical Filipino diet of too much rice but not enough protein in their meals. Then they complain "Di maganda tong whey na 'to, wala namang effect" or "Di siguro hiyang sakin 'to".

And to answer your question, yes, you'll loose weight if you don't eat enough.
  • Hmm, FISH OILs, BCAA, caffeine pills, Multi and ICE cream to put on some weight :biggrin:
  • whole foods ka na muna, ganyan din ako nung una eh, umasa sa mga supps , pero after a year gaining strength , sa mass di gaano  : :biggrin:
    nag take na ako ngayon ng whey , mutant mass , creatine , bcaa (xtend) , pero mas madami padin pagkain ko, gulay,kanin, mami, :biggrin: 
    supplement is supplement , nakakatulong lang siya basta samahan ng whole foods, pero kung supps ka lang tapos kulang sa kain. sayang pera, :yahoo:
  • owel1owel1 Posts: 142
    the best parin ang solid foods. Ang disadvantage lang eh mahirap pagkasyahin sa tiyan lahat kung gusto ma meet yung caloric count mo. Maganda nyan every 2hours kumakain ka ng mataas sa calorie at protein. Whole foods parin. Nag mutant ako dati okay sya pero mas lalaki ka kapag solid foods. Suggest lang po.

Distributed siya for whole day.

Oatmeal na may maraming milk. 2tbs peanut butter. 1 boiled egg
    -after 2hours kain ka 1 banana, sweet potato tas fish oil o kaya anumang multivitamin meron ka
    -madalas work out nako pagkatapos dahil nakakain nako ng sweet potato may lakas na
    -after work out milk, any dark chocolate, 1tbsp peanut butter
    Chicken Breasts sa anumang luto
    -2hours ulit 1 boiled egg, veggies
    -fruits
    -soup, nuts at slow digesting protein foods

Yan lang diet ko kasi mejo kapos ako sa budget but it worked actually. It may not work for you but you gotta try. You'll loose nothing kasi nutritional naman mga yan. Don't go to the gym everyday 3-4 times a week ok na basta consistent ka.

Tapos siguro hanapin mo program mo depende sa bodytype mo. 

Rest napaka importante. 

Yung lahat ng suggestions ng mga sir natin dito marami ka rin mapupulot.