InnerArmour Thread

Hi guys,

May naka-try na ba sa inyo ng InnerArmour? They're starting to make some noise on social media. They do seem to have great products like the Isolate Zero. Their products are relatively cheap din.

Any reviews? Thoughts?

Comments

• arkyzerarkyzer Posts: 162
    Yung Hard Mass Gainer pa lang nila ang na-try ko sir. Okay naman yung protein blend nya, mura rin kasi free shipping at may free shaker pa. hehe Medyo matamis nga lang for my liking, kaya ginagamitan ko ng shake recipes para mabalanse.

Taste : 8/10 - masyado kasing matamis for me
    "Mixability" : 7/10 - Kelangan ng mga 5mins na shaking para siguradong walang clump
    Texture : 10/10 - swabe, walang gasgas hehe
    PRice : 10/10 - free shipping at free shaker, mas mura compared pag bumyahe ako pa-CnC hehe
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927
    good thing you started the thread @Jiggaman i was thinking to make a review on the isolate i bought pero dito nalang :)

i bought the 4lbs isolate zero. decent naman ung nutri faccts nya halos same lang ng ibang isolate eto lang ung rate ko 10/10

Lasa : 7.5/10 - medyo matabang sya. para syang lasa nung chocolate cake sa local nyong panaderya lol.
    PAgkaka tunaw : 8/10 - (edited) nilagyan kop muna ng water ung shaker before putting the isolate, and naging soluble na sya ng maige. good good
    Texture : 9/10 - steady lang katulad ng iba
    PRice : 9.5/10 - hahaha mura tlga!!!!!
  • JiggamanJiggaman Posts: 156
    Thanks sa mga feedback nyo! Tingin nyo effective naman?

May promo pa sila ngayon. 3850 ata yung LMS na protein nila na 5 pounds plus free shaker. Tapos may kasama na amino at creatine. Tempting eh pero ON ginagamit ko ngayon at effective talaga.
  • kconradkconrad Posts: 97
    This looks legit. At mura nga yung isolate. Ma-try nga.
  • LifeHackLifeHack Posts: 37
    masyadong matamis yung Whey Protein nila for me...
    Tanong lang mga sir. Yung isolate ba may kasamang scoop? Hirap hanapin kung meron man.

EDIT: Ayun, nakita ko rin. Nasa pinaka-ilalim ng tub.

Okay naman lasa at mixability. Kaso bakit parang kakaiba yung pagkakaprint nung sticker sa tub? Mejo hindi crisp yung mga letra, parang nagprint ka sa papel gamit ang 90s era na inkjet printer. It's hard to believe that anything produced in the US has packaging which is a little bit off. Letters on Boy Bawang are even more crisp. I e-mailed the lot number printed on the tub to their US customer service e-mail. I'll post an update when they reply. One thing that's scaring me about fake supplement is that (allegedly), they contain cheap anabolic steroids which can cause muscle gain but are dangerous in the long run.

Haist. Oh well.
    Oh well, I guess there's no use finding out if my tub of whey is fake or not if the legit one has false claims in its label.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/
    Lawsuits Say Protein Powders Lack Protein, Ripping Off Athletes
    The lab tests commissioned by Suciu’s firm and others show the breakdown of what’s really inside some of these supplements. Companies whose products were tested and subsequently sued include but are not limited to: Giant Sports, MusclePharm, CVS Health, 4 Dimension Nutrition, NBTY and Inner Armour.
    Connecticut-based Inner Armour has the most products under scrutiny. Tests of five of its products – “Mass Peak,” “NitroPeak,” “Casein Peak,” “Whey Protein,” and “Super Quad Protein” – came up well short on protein compared with its label claims. For instance, it’s “Mass Peak” product only contained 19 of the 50 grams claimed, and its “Whey Protein” only contained 9 of 24 grams claimed, the tests showed.

If supps can't be trusted, then that brings me back to the basics - to get protein from whole foods, which takes a lot more effort given my situation.
  • LifeHackLifeHack Posts: 37
    kconrad wrote:
    Oh well, I guess there's no use finding out if my tub of whey is fake or not if the legit one has false claims in its label.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/
    Lawsuits Say Protein Powders Lack Protein, Ripping Off Athletes
    The lab tests commissioned by Suciu’s firm and others show the breakdown of what’s really inside some of these supplements. Companies whose products were tested and subsequently sued include but are not limited to: Giant Sports, MusclePharm, CVS Health, 4 Dimension Nutrition, NBTY and Inner Armour.
    Connecticut-based Inner Armour has the most products under scrutiny. Tests of five of its products – “Mass Peak,” “NitroPeak,” “Casein Peak,” “Whey Protein,” and “Super Quad Protein” – came up well short on protein compared with its label claims. For instance, it’s “Mass Peak” product only contained 19 of the 50 grams claimed, and its “Whey Protein” only contained 9 of 24 grams claimed, the tests showed.

If supps can't be trusted, then that brings me back to the basics - to get protein from whole foods, which takes a lot more effort given my situation.

wew 9 g out of 24g? :arghh:
    To tell you the truth, mas parang may whey pa yung ON sa CnC na nabili ko dati. Yung ON malansa, hindi madaling i-mix at parang gatas yung consistency. Ewan ko lang dito sa nakuha kong Inner Armour.

Lesson learned. Unfortunately, the hard way.
    I sent the following e-mail to Inner Armour US:
    Hi! I bought a 4lb tub of Inner Armour Isolate Zero from a distributor here in the Philippines called Vossen 8 Trading Corporation for Php 3190 (around US$72). I am a bit worried if the product I bought is fake. The packaging is a little bit off. The letters on the sticker are not crisp and are jagged, as though they were printed using a cheap inkjet printer.

I have attached a picture of the tub showing the LOT number. It says:
    BUF LOT 24616 W I Z C 06:14 2523
    EXP 09/03/2017 PRODUCT OF USA
    EU 3008634698.

Here's the reply I got:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Inner Armour.

Thank you for providing the details and picture related to your recent purchase of 100% Isolate 4lb Chocolate. Please note that I can see the Lot Number on your product actually reads 24614WIZC.

Based on all the details you provided, to the best of my ability I can advise that you did purchase Inner Armour product. In addition, please know that Inner Armour does have Distributors selling products in the Philippines.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Inner Armour.

Kristin Johnson
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Original or legit man yung product, kung wala ka naman makukuhang benefit sa kanya sayang pa rin pera mo. Mas ok pa nga yung fake pero effective naman sayo.
    True. 9g of protein instead of 24g. What a total rip off.

Here's a list of other brands with current lawsuits for protein spiking. Ingat ingat na lang.

https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam-amino-acid-spiking
    kconrad wrote:

Here's a list of other brands with current lawsuits for protein spiking. Ingat ingat na lang.

oh shit. really? how realiable is the source? gainzzz are sad right now....... more articles nga bro. TIA
    Ghee wrote:
    kconrad wrote:

oh shit. really? how realiable is the source? gainzzz are sad right now....... more articles nga bro. TIA

I posted an article from Forbes in the first page and the same companies are listed. Lawsuit pa lang naman, nothing has been proven "beyond reasonable doubt" and only one firm is behind all the lawsuits. Gayunpaman, hindi naman industry secret ang amino acid spiking. Also, Inner Armour Isolate is NOT in any of the lawsuits kundi yung Inner Armour Whey Protein (yung LMS). Pero kung doubtful ang quality ng ibang produkto, may dahilan din para paghinalaan yung iba pa nilang products.
    kconrad wrote:
    Ghee wrote:
    kconrad wrote:

I posted an article from Forbes in the first page and the same companies are listed. Lawsuit pa lang naman, nothing has been proven "beyond reasonable doubt" and only one firm is behind all the lawsuits. Gayunpaman, hindi naman industry secret ang amino acid spiking. Also, Inner Armour Isolate is NOT in any of the lawsuits kundi yung Inner Armour Whey Protein (yung LMS). Pero kung doubtful ang quality ng ibang produkto, may dahilan din para paghinalaan yung iba pa nilang products.

yeayea point taken.... makes me wonder too. mukang back to subok na products nalang ako after ko maubos ung akin
    ON is not on the list, so there are still good guys out there. Kaso I'm P3190 poorer kaya balik muna ako sa masustansyang pagkain na hirap hanapin. Dagdag effort lang, pero safe. Ta3, P3190. Napakasakit Kuya Eddie. HAHAHA.
    kconrad wrote:
    ON is not on the list, so there are still good guys out there. Kaso I'm P3190 poorer kaya balik muna ako sa masustansyang pagkain na hirap hanapin. Dagdag effort lang, pero safe. Ta3, P3190. Napakasakit Kuya Eddie. HAHAHA.

haha you know the answer bro :)
  • arkyzerarkyzer Posts: 162
    Nalungkot ako bigla haha
  • i also got into the zero isolate by inner armour for a few months. man, so bummed to hear about the scam. there are a few lab tested brands in the US which tested positive for amino spiking. one of them nga is inner armour.

that is why it is best to research if the brand you are using has history of scams and misleading info. if your brand naman is reputable, another problem that will arise is if the ones we are getting here in the Philippines are actually genuine or fake. haaayst buhay pinoy talaga ang hirap.... lol/.