Middle back spasm

So.. I was squatting for 3 rep max(210lbs) and was a success, deloaded to 160lbs(+bar weight) for 8 reps and on the 8th reps, muscle spasm hit my middle back..

Meron na bang naka experience nito?hurts like hell! Parang lamig sa likod na masakit. I was able to finish my routine (could be because of adrenalin rush),najapag deadlift pa nga ako eh, but I can literally feel the pain, I can,still move but may sharp pain na mararamdaman.

any tips /remedy na alam nyo para dito? I honestly dont want to stop working out for a couple of weeks dahil lang dito.

Comments

• riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    Well, usual stuff to alleviate the pain and/or swelling/inflammation, you can do cold compress for the first 2-3 days, then switch to hot compress onwards. You can also do some kind of foam rolling or massage on the affected area. Take painkillers if it's really painful. Rest.

Sad to say, you need to stop doing any movement/exercise that aggravates the pain. Pag masakit yan, definitely, there is something wrong with it. Don't push forward. Step back and let it heal. In the meantime, you can do some mobility stuffs just to keep the body moving. Do low intensity stuffs. You can also still workout other parts of your body that doesn't involve the injured area. Hindi naman ibig sabihin porke't may injury ka, you stop doing everything until it heals. Just be wise.

Good luck and get well soon! :)
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    ako brah, inabot din sa bandang leeg, at medyo same spot haha. tigil ang labanan sa gym eh
  • LazarLazar Posts: 565
    Bad news to bro. Get well soon.
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    usual stuff to alleviate the pain and/or swelling/inflammation, you can do cold compress for the first 2-3 days, then switch to hot compress onwards.

heed this advice and did a cold compress 2x a day for 2 days, good news is that I can stretch ( chest out ) without any pain, but if I try to move from side to side, may sharp pain pa rin,
    you can do some mobility stuffs just to keep the body moving. Do low intensity stuffs. You can also still workout other parts of your body that doesn't involve the injured area.

takbo takbo na lang muna ako sa gym, and some mobility stretching bukas :)
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    get well soon mga brader na may pinag dadaanang injury ngayon. pahinga lang yan nad for sure , pag balik nyo mas ok la lo kayo :)