Exalted's Body Building Journal

Good day mga ka fellow kong body builders. Well I'm new here and like what I mentioned on the introduction thread, I badly need your help. I've been lifting for two weeks now and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm an Ectomorph. My goal is to get stronger and bigger, ala machete lol but now I'm confused whether to bulk up first or get lean due to my fat belly.

This picture was taken last May 24. I wish experts here can guide me to reach my goal.

Here's my current statistics:
Height - 5"10
Weight - Around 160 lbs
Program:
Rippetoe's Starting Strength
I usually work out every other day, MWF, or TTHS and so far here's what I can currently lift:

Workout A:

Squat - 90lbs 3x5
Flat Bench Press - 75lbs 3x5
Dead lift - 100lbs 1x5

Workout B:

Squat - 90lbs 3x5
Standing Overhead Press - 55lbs 3x5
Pendlay Rows - 80lbs 3x5

Aside from this work out I'm not doing any other exercises, siguro yung paglalakad na lang pauwi.

Eating Habits:
I usually eat 6 meals a day before consisting of 5 rice meals, pag nasa office, napapa fast food ako kasi wala namang makain na clean dun. Medyo tight din ang budget ko but I'm planning to buy a Promatrix 7 Whey protein to reach my protein requirements. As of today, I'm just eating 4 meals, bawas na din fast food and clean food as much as possible, I know it's one of the reasons kung bakit ako may fat belly. :P

Morning - Ulam (Beef, Pork, Chicken basta hindi fried) + 2 Eggs and 1 Cup of Rice

Lunch - Ulam sa Office(Beef, Pork, Chicken basta hindi fried) and 1 Cup of Rice

Snack (Pagka uwi ko sa bahay) - 2 Eggs and Sardines or Tuna

Then Work Out

Dinner - Ulam (Beef, Pork, Chicken basta hindi fried) and 1 cup of Rice

I'm planning to count my calories as well, kaso hindi ko din masyadong matantsa dahil sa hindi ko alam kung ilang calories meron sa inuulam ko hehe but I'm eating more protein rich food. Baka may maisusuggest kayo dyan na magandang diet pero yung mura lang, medyo tight din kasi budget ko due to other expenses. Comments will be highly appreciated. I will update this every two weeks. Salamat mga pre and more power to PBB! :)

Comments

• boss_jboss_j Posts: 1,243
    We're pretty much on the same boat pare:P. You can add the following to your diet Oatmeal and Yams, these are good source of Complex Carbs.

Actually if you're an ectomorph and your goal is to bulk or gain more extra lbs all you need to do is eat as much as you can :D, losing weight is not a problem for us but the opposite which is gaining weight, we're the so called pencil neck "hardgainer" forget the abs muna and focus on bulking :) later on once you've gain enough muscle mass you can switch to a different diet and program.

In regard of your routine you're doing good focus on compound exercise , also don't be afraid to tweak your routine if you think you're not getting enough stimulation. (make sure you go heavy)

and in my pov the 5-7 rep range is the best for both gaining muscle mass and strength. With the 5-7 rep range you could lift heavier amounts of weight than you could with a higher rep range.
    Building muscle is a byproduct of building strength, and training in a lower rep range is the most effective way to accomplish this.

but note that there are also certain muscle parts that responds well with higher reps such as the abs, traps, calves and forearms bec. these are mainly composed of slow twitch fibers and the best way to stimulate those muscle fibers is by using higher reps "10-12".

• monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Update us with your progress bro!
  • exaltedexalted Posts: 64
    jerielm wrote:
    We're pretty much on the same boat pare:P. You can add the following to your diet Oatmeal and Yams, these are good source of Complex Carbs.

Actually if you're an ectomorph and your goal is to bulk or gain more extra lbs all you need to do is eat as much as you can :D, losing weight is not a problem for us but the opposite which is gaining weight, we're the so called pencil neck "hardgainer" forget the abs muna and focus on bulking :) later on once you've gain enough muscle mass you can switch to a different diet and program.

In regard of your routine you're doing good focus on compound exercise , also don't be afraid to tweak your routine if you think you're not getting enough stimulation. (make sure you go heavy)

and in my pov the 5-7 rep range is the best for both gaining muscle mass and strength. With the 5-7 rep range you could lift heavier amounts of weight than you could with a higher rep range.
    Building muscle is a byproduct of building strength, and training in a lower rep range is the most effective way to accomplish this.

but note that there are also certain muscle parts that responds well with higher reps such as the abs, traps, calves and forearms bec. these are mainly composed of slow twitch fibers and the best way to stimulate those muscle fibers is by using higher reps "10-12".

Thank you for the inputs boss. Will add oatmel and yams to my diet soon.:) So I should focus on bulking phase and then when I reach my desired weight I'll switch to cutting phase? Takot lang ako kasi boss na baka lalong mag bulge tummy ko pag nagpabulk :s. And yes sir I'll go heavy soon, I'm planning to add extra 5lbs on every workout. Sabi nga nila, slowly but surely. :)
    monching11 wrote:
    Update us with your progress bro!
    Will do pre, I'll update this every 2 weeks, now I'm trying to clean my diet as much as possible. I might buy Promatrix7 na din this pay day. :)
  • boss_jboss_j Posts: 1,243
    Also try to read this about Carbs , di kasi pare pareho yung carbs tulad ng white rice why nakaka taba ng tiyan pag sobra.
    http://pinoybodybuilding.com/forum/Thread-The-Facts-about-Carbs

• exaltedexalted Posts: 64
    jerielm wrote:
    Also try to read this about Carbs , di kasi pare pareho yung carbs tulad ng white rice why nakaka taba ng tiyan pag sobra.
    http://pinoybodybuilding.com/forum/Thread-The-Facts-about-Carbs

Ok boss will read this in a few. Keep the advices and comments coming. :)
  • zanezane Posts: 963
    Tama ser. If you're afraid that your tummy might bulk up due to eating a lot, try to do crunches or any ab workout in between sets. "sundot" sabi nga nila. This way, you have a bigger chance of neutralizing the size of your belly while bulking up the other parts of your body. We're literally sharing the same body type hahah! That was my mistake when I started out, I gained 6.2 lbs during my first month of lifting weights, although hindi nadagdagan yung body fat ko, lumaki parin tyan ko. So ngayon, I make it a point na pag nagpapahinga ako in between sets, I do crunches up to failure.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    hehehe
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    ^ano meron?
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    necromancer amp
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Ahaha