stuck at 12-13bf, help me choose what to try and do

Been cutting for almost 2months now, went from 160 bout 15bf to 150 12-13bf. I'm male 5'8, 19yo btw. Problem is I achieved that "transformation" in the first 5 weeks of cutting so i'm stuck for a couple of weeks now. I workout 2-4x/wk and also play 2x of basketball which I upped to 4x/wk when my plateau started, for cardio meaning now there are days I do both.

I slowly reduced my calorie intake and currently down to 2000cals which should put me in a deficit for I lost weight even at 2300cals when I was at around 156. Just to mention I slowly gained weight at 3000+ calories when I bulked. I eat mostly turbo broiled chicken, oats, PB, veggies, sometimes white rice or banana post exercise.(can't help it I live in the Philippines) also sometimes my meat is fried in regular cooking oil. Macros currently are 40/30/30 C/P/F. Tried 20c/40p/40f before and was good until the plateau. I used to intermittent fast even when I was bulking but am now in the first week of switching to the frequent meals approach in hopes of helping me with my goal.

There are two options I'd do(which would you prefer?):
1.Decrease calories further and see where that takes me, lifts went down already though so I wouldn't do this if not necessary 2.Increase calories for 2 weeks(mini-bulk) then back to a deficit in hopes of fixing if I acquired some sort of thyroid problem or just plain to rev up metabolism.

Will bulk again after summer. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 109
    You're so ripped brah mirin!
  • pogiO6pogiO6 Posts: 34
    SirJoHN wrote:
    You're so ripped brah mirin!

Not sure if srs1yu0dc.jpg
  • RayKriegRayKrieg Posts: 577
    Ilang taon ka na bro nagbubuhat?
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Option 2 imo or refeed on weekends
    RayKrieg wrote:
    Ilang taon ka na bro nagbubuhat?

1 year bro why?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 109
    Damn bro better bulk up i thought you were big based on your avi but with the pic you posted no offense but you look like some kid hangin around the streets you should stop cutting already
    SirJoHN wrote:
    Damn bro better bulk up i thought you were big based on your avi but with the pic you posted no offense but you look like some kid hangin around the streets you should stop cutting already

Haha I was 160 in my avatar and 150 in the pic I posted. I'm not sure anymore whether to cut or bulk because im not progressing anymore with my cut. I'd gain a lot of water weight back once I do refeed so I wont look like a slum boy. Hopefully :D
  • RayKriegRayKrieg Posts: 577
    wala lang bro. namangha lang ako sa dp mo. :bodybuilder:
    RayKrieg wrote:
    wala lang bro. namangha lang ako sa dp mo. :bodybuilder:

Nagpushups kasi ako nyan for pump ;) haha
  • Bakit ka nagcucut?
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Ngaun ko lang nakita ung pic.
    Option 3 pala dapat hehe
  • Summer time you know :)

Bulk din payo ko !
  • Ecto's dont cut... coz they're always cut.

Lean ka na sa 160, then you went down to 150 with the same look and leaness. So to me that's 10lbs of muscle wasted. Dont get caught up with the bulk/cut games bro, go for the specific "look". BF and BW are just numbers, they dont mean shit in the mirror :)
    Ecto's dont cut... coz they're always cut.

Lean ka na sa 160, then you went down to 150 with the same look and leaness. So to me that's 10lbs of muscle wasted. Dont get caught up with the bulk/cut games bro, go for the specific "look". BF and BW are just numbers, they dont mean shit in the mirror :)

Shit don't know what to do anymore, what would u suggest if my goal is six pack abs? Thanks
  • based on your pic, you seem genetically lean. so BF is not the major issue for you. you probably want a deeply carved set of abdominals, tama? then ang solution lang dyan is to do intense ab workouts. just like the other muscle groups it will take time bago madevelop yung genetic shape ng abs mo. kaya from now on wag mo hayaan magsuffer yung buong katawan mo kakadiet para magka-abs. mas maganda nga tignan pag full chest, broad shoulders, wide back, big arms tapos small waist :)
    based on your pic, you seem genetically lean. so BF is not the major issue for you. you probably want a deeply carved set of abdominals, tama? then ang solution lang dyan is to do intense ab workouts. just like the other muscle groups it will take time bago madevelop yung genetic shape ng abs mo. kaya from now on wag mo hayaan magsuffer yung buong katawan mo kakadiet para magka-abs. mas maganda nga tignan pag full chest, broad shoulders, wide back, big arms tapos small waist :)

Very good point! Yeah parang ecto kasi sa tiyan at legs nagcconcentrate tabs ko yun ang problema
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    BF and BW are just numbers, they dont mean shit in the mirror :)

Wise words sir V! :)
  • I can understand na gusto mo yung tuyo talaga at walang taba sa tiyan, kaso nasa crossroads ka ngayon. you have to choose whether to get LEANER but skinny, OR be happy that you are LEAN already and just work with what you have right now.

try punishing your abs first ng much intense na ab WO, BUT...
    PRO: bigger abs will stretch your skin making your midsection look tight
    CON: well developed abs doesn't look good if your chest is flat or if you lack upper body mass :)