No progress

Hey guys whatsup.

When i was young i used to be really big. Eversince i can remember overweight na ako. Until 4th yr hs. That time i've reached my biggest. I was like 196 lbs. then you know i got inlove (you know the typical story). I got motivated to go on a diet. Then i became 170lbs. Basta tuloy tuloy na ito. I didnt know what gym was back then. The only exercise i was getting was during my PE class lang.

Then college started, i saw a lot of chicks and all. Tapos i got motivated to lose some pounds again till i became 150 then 145 to 140. Then naging payat ako. Payat ako tignan with my clothes on. But when you take it off, may mga taba especially sa sides, which are called love handles. Hanggang ngayon meron parin. Then probably 2 years ago i started hitting the gym. Mga 1 year yun. No progress wala nangyayari sakin pabigat na ng pabigat mga binubuhat ko 3x a weeek na gym ko pero wala. Strength lang lumakas sakin. May trainer pala ako nun sa gym. So i decided to quit muna since nothings happening to me. Tapos i stopped for a year. Then decided to go to the gym again nung august. 4months na ako nag gym ngayon so far ngayon lang nagka epek. Nag wide na mejo shoulders ko. Etcetc. Pero the love handles are still there.

Ayon now i'm 155lbs my body looks better than before nung 140lbs ako. Pero i'm still kindof skinny fat. So yun lang dito sa site i hope na matulungan ako especially sa nutrition kasi. Yun problem ko psychological. Ntatakot na ako tumaba ulit I've been there and. Ayoko na bumalik. Yun lang sana matulungan ako. Plus nagbabasa ako ng mga forum dito dami ko natututunan.

Comments

• YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Gawa ka na journal brah post pics routine and daily meals
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Welcome brah!

Time to create your journal and post your lifting stats, pictures and diet setup so that we ore the masters can help you or something a like

Here's a thing, if you want to gain some muscles, you have to be in a good amount of caloric surplus or for short you need to eat. I know how you feel that "nakakatakot tumaba ulet syndrome" but hey, you can't gain muscles and definitions if you won't eat with the right amount of food.

Lookin forward!
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Oxalate wrote:
    "...Then probably 2 years ago i started hitting the gym. Mga 1 year yun. No progress wala nangyayari sakin pabigat na ng pabigat mga binubuhat ko 3x a weeek na gym ko pero wala. Strength lang lumakas sakin. ..."

Ummm... That's still considered a progress. Naka-focus lang kasi yung expectations mo aesthetically. 'Yan din tuloy naging reason kaya ka naging frustrated.
    Oxalate wrote:
    "... Yun problem ko psychological. Ntatakot na ako tumaba ulit I've been there and. Ayoko na bumalik. ..."

Fear is what keep us from where we at and sometimes, one need take a step back in order to at least progress. You need to understand that. You need to understand how to get to your goal. You need to embrace whatever ordeal it takes to get there if you really want it bad. It's an up and down situation. Sometimes, we make sacrifices. And sometimes, one needs to lower their expectations. But other times, one needs to increase standards to maximize one's full potential up to beyond the limits...
  • Strength and Bodybuilding are two diff things. you can be strong pero nde ka malaki or you can be ripped but not that strong. Keep your range 8-12 rep range for bodybuilding or sometimes 15rep. Form is important. Time undertension, full range of motion. dami ko nakita sa gym lakas daw nila, eh di nmn dumidikit bar sa chest. tapos half rep lng. And nutrition has also have a big part of your BBuilding career.

sabi mo nagpapayat ka. so your in a calorie deficit or you are in a cut. Insufficient ung kinakain mo for muscle growth. if you want size you eat, you bulk and get enough nutrition for muscle gains. tapos pag muscle na dun kana magcut or you can do a lean bulk para gradual pagnagadd ng fat.
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Strength and Bodybuilding are two diff things. you can be strong pero nde ka malaki or you can be ripped but not that strong.

You need to get yourself a wider perspective, bro...
  • Of course you will gain strength doing bodybuilding. What i meant by this is. If someone train for Bodybuilding, he most likely be bigger than a powerlifter. and power lifter who focus on gaining strength most likely gain muscle a lot slower than a bodybuilder. but if your on a juice that would be different.
    Objective of a bbuilder is to tear those muscle from point A to point B. powerlifter concern is to get point A top point B.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    tama si core. Nuff said :)
  • rreorarreora Posts: 178
    We almost have the same story bro but not the love part.

Obese ako dati at naging skinny-fat pero ngayon aim ko is to bulk up first then try to achieve a Brad Pitt body type.

Tip ko lang sayo since effective ko para sa akin (sa tingin ko). Try to count your calorie intake and macro nutrients specially protein, carbohydrates and fat.

Kaya ka siguro hindi lumalaki dahil youre not eating in surplus meaning kulang ka sa nutrition. Dati din kasi iniisip ko na pag kumain ako ng marami tataba ulit ako pero mali pala ako.

The good thing is, my itchy fingers brought me to bodybuilding.com and eventually lead me to pinoybodybuilding.com and I really learnt a lot as in a lot.

Basa basa ka lang dito sir marmi ka talaga matututunan.
  • I know you guys know myofibrillar and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Base on my exp I also gained strength in the past doing high weights low rep and wondering kung bakit lumalakas pero tgal ko lumaki. So i switched in bbuilding style of work. Kaya nga tyo may haka haka na light weights is for toning. But toning is a myth, muscle can only do two things, get big and get small. and why many think doing light weight high reps tones muscle kasi ngbbuilt ka ng muscle in reality.
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    If someone train for Bodybuilding, he most likely be bigger than a powerlifter. and power lifter who focus on gaining strength most likely gain muscle a lot slower than a bodybuilder. but if your on a juice that would be different.
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Base on my exp I also gained strength in the past doing high weights low rep and wondering kung bakit lumalakas pero tgal ko lumaki.

And you still missed out the based factor of this game...
  • Well thats BS splicing my comment to look bad. haha. And I think you did not even read my whole comment. Anyway sorry for the fowl word.

you gain by progression overload.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Well thats BS splicing my comment to look bad. haha. And I think you did not even read my whole comment. Anyway sorry for the fowl word.

Brah mag tagalog ka na lang please

May point naman kayong 2 core and jovit.

Tama si core OP may progress ka din naman, un lang di un kasi ang goal mo kaya medyo frustrated ka pa. Isa pa lagi ko din sinasabi sa mga dating obese na perfectly understandable na matakot muna magbulk or magpalaki dahil malaki na sila before (in a bad way).

So pano ba training, nutrition and lifestyle mo before? post mo para mas matulungan ka sa aesthetic/bb'ing goals mo.

and WELCOME! BTW
    And there's a lot going on my mind right now...
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Well thats BS splicing my comment to look bad. haha. And I think you did not even read my whole comment. Anyway sorry for the fowl word.

Am sorry, but, are you referring to this one? ...v
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    If someone train for Bodybuilding, he most likely be bigger than a powerlifter. and power lifter who focus on gaining strength most likely gain muscle a lot slower than a bodybuilder. but if your on a juice that would be different.

In case yes,
    Let me bump it again for yer...
    Core wrote:
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Base on my exp I also gained strength in the past doing high weights low rep and wondering kung bakit lumalakas pero tgal ko lumaki.

Still missing out the based factor of this game...

the based factor of this game...

[size=large]the based factor of this game...[/size]

[size=x-large]the based factor of this game...[/size]

There's somethin' you missed that is... a major factor on this iron game... That is...
    jonrivs49 wrote:

on my

[size=large]my[/size]

[size=x-large]my[/size]

...yours, mine, theirs'... something that make-up the 'us' differ from one another! Something that gives an advantage over another. Something sometimes we defy. And with the advancements of science, something scientists and researchers trying to define and refine...

[align=right]Genetics.
    [size=x-small]Dang, did just I spilled the beans![/size][/align]
    monching11 wrote:
    May point naman kayong 2 core and jovit.

jovit, it just that some of your statements generalize to the fact that it can't be applied at all times. And there are alot of people out there new to weightlifting and with their sponge-like brains trying to get all the information they can. And might so happen to read your statements here, and if close-minded or not careful, stick to what they've read and what they've known. Then again start sharing what they knew they believe was true...

This is a sport with no exact science up to now. And that is common to anything related to complexities of chemistry, biology and -you name it, anything related to life, i.e. medicine-...

Wasn't my intention to bring the fool out of you, BTW. Neither came an evil motive on my mind like to heckle you out. But since you've mentioned this ...v
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Well thats BS splicing my comment to look bad.

[size=large]Well thats BS[/size]

[size=x-large]Well thats BS[/size]

...I might as well take down some reconsiderations...
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Well thats BS splicing my comment to look bad. haha. ... Anyway sorry for the fowl word.

Not sure if he was sorry for using the word 'BS' on the first statement or the 'fowl' on the last... (Your fingers are full of irony, bro!)
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Anyway sorry for the fowl word.

And what does have those poor hens laying protein-rich eggs have to do with these?
    jonrivs49 wrote:

Yeah. And I was like... Hunting fowls in the fields!
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Core wrote:
    And there's a lot going on my mind right now...
    jonrivs49 wrote:

Am sorry, but, are you referring to this one? ...v
    jonrivs49 wrote:

In case yes,
    Let me bump it again for yer...
    Core wrote:
    jonrivs49 wrote:

And what does have those poor hens laying protein-rich eggs have to do with these?
    jonrivs49 wrote:

Tawa ko ng tawa dito gang ngayon.

LMFAO
  • aloy0511aloy0511 Posts: 948
    sharing your own experience is different from forcing it to someone.
  • iba't ibang katawan, iba't ibang reaksyon. kaya nga ang sabi ng mga unang nagcomment " make a journal" kc yun ang magiigng basehan mo kung may progress ba or wala. kasama dun ang workout at kinakain mo. kung walang nagbabago sau may mali sa ginagawa mo or di akma ang ginagawa mo sa katawan mo. at isa pa kung nagawa mo magbawas ng timbang cguro nmn di na mahirap mangyari un kung maganda na ang foundation ng training mo. check mo journal ni jettie .
  • ipisipis Posts: 223
    merry christmas! wag na mag away!