Eat sleep train repeat [Journal]

2years - noob lifter( supplementation alak, paminsan minsan lng buhat )
half a month - lifting serious with no supplementation and no knowledge.
1year to present - Starting to get serious, more knowledgeable , wala ng alak sa supplement ko.. hehe.. supplement ( Whey Protein, Creatine, Multivitamins, Fishoil)

So ngyn im starting to add size or tingin ko lng nde ako lumalaki. pero nde na ngkakaxa dmit ko.. haha.

In the past ive always aim for heavy low rep. But now im doing moderate/high rep sacroplasmic hypertrophy to add more size than strength.

Currently running Push Pull Legs routine due to work schedule. Before Im running PHAT by Dr. Layne Norton. If you dont know layne. He is a Doctor na addicted sa BBuilding. his a well known natural bodybuilder/powerlifter.

Diet - IIFYM
Macros - 30p/50c/20f

currently bulking

Goal sana lumaki and someday sana makasali sa Natural Competition. - libre lng mangarap diba - hehe

Hope i learn from you guys and makacontribute ako..

Comments

• monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Uhhhh

Welcome?
  • Welcome bro!
  • Thanks mga pards.. Sama samang magpalaki.. :D
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Welcome. What an exciting introduction you have made sa kabilang thread.

Hehehe.

Dagdag ka pa info about sa workout/nutrition and pic progress sir pang back up sa mga claims mo :)
  • @allen.. Thanks.. :D.. Para masaya community.. ktamad nmn ang forum kung walang naguusap diba. dpt may mapgusapan para marinig mga opinions ng iba. Argument/debates actually leads to truth. :D.. Pareho nmn tyo lahat ng goals eh. magpalaki!!! hehe
    IMO, you already know/have the basics.
    That's a good start.
    Pero what we believe right now might change along the way.

Sometimes the less we talk, the more we learn.
    Respect is earned, not given.

For a start, try mo muna basahin journal ni badass_vinch, "the badass blueprint" name ng journal niya. You might find it really interesting.

:)
  • Sige, check ko un. thanks.. :D
  • aloy0511aloy0511 Posts: 948
    Welcome sa PBB

just so you know Layne Norton is not a Physician/Medical Doctor, he is a PhD on Nutritional Sciences. kaya Dr. ang tawag sa kanya. same as pag nag PhD ka ng Engineering meron kang Doctorate Degree.
  • Why i started. Like everyfilipino. Lahat tyo mahilig sa sports especially basketball. Im not a very great player isa lng ako sa laro laro lng pgnagkayayaan. But i love the feeling ng napapagod ka and ung parang nararamdaman m ung limitation m and you just want to do more. parang you just to be great. then a friend of mine sinama lng ko sa gym. The first time i lift the weight and seeing the guys lift the heavy iron. Parang gusto mo maging malakas din. I dont know what chest and what are the other parts of the body. Basta gusto ko lumakas. Then i got addicted and started watching documentaries. "Pumping Iron" then i said wow. Nakita ko ung perfect body ni arnold. And i realize its not just about being strong. I want to chase perfection. Im a big fan of zane arnold ferigno columbu cutler kai ronnie and many more. But different from them. I know it will take me a long time but i want to do it naturally. As time goes by im starting to be serious and started reading about nutrition and other things. I started getting into natural guys for my motivation. Dr layne norton, ryan doris and chris jones nick wright eknight omar isuf and many more. Until today im still in the process of chasing being the best i can be.

- I will only quit if the iron stops getting heavier -
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Wag kasi masyadong ma google lol

Welcome
  • Yup i know. His phd focuses on protein synthesis. Well he knows his nutrition. Saka his addicted to bodybuilding and powerlifting.@yates.. Haha. Kung nde ako ng google panu ko kayo makikilala. Haha
    he's thesis focuses on protein synthesis.
    walang course na Nutritional Science Major in Protein Synthesis.

anyway goodluck na lang sayo.
  • Sabi ko focuses. Hehe. Anyways Thanks..Weighed myself knina. Now im 180lbs. Medyo heavy kasi may fat ako ngyn. Currently doing pure bulk. Next year nko mag cut. Im doing iifym/dirty bulk. Dont really care if i put on some fat.
  • Why do i do high carbs. Even on a cut? Split goes like 30p/50c/20f

Because there are many benefits in doing a high carb diet.
    Even Mike Mentzer the very first iifym practitioner takes carbs.

Aside from creatine. Carbs help you hold water weight to feed your muscles.
    Carbs is converted mostly to energy. Protein can also be retain as fat if it exceed your caloric maintenance.

Carbs gives you insulin spike to get the best out of the minerals you put in the body.

Almost forgot. High carbs created the monster Dorian Yates.

Yes im a pro carbs.
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Why do i do high carbs. Even on a cut? Split goes like 30p/50c/20f

Because there are many benefits in doing a high carb diet.
    Even Mike Mentzer the very first iifym practitioner takes carbs.

Aside from creatine. Carbs help you hold water weight to feed your muscles.
    Carbs is converted mostly to energy. Protein can also be retain as fat if it exceed your caloric maintenance.

Carbs gives you insulin spike to get the best out of the minerals you put in the body.

Almost forgot. High carbs created the monster Dorian Yates.

Yes im a pro carbs.

K
  • Thank you for taking the time to read my journal.Calorie intake. 2836 kcal. Breakdown

212.7 protein 354.5 carb 63 fat

Common food source.
    Protein -chicken, beef, pork
    Carbs- rice, pasta, oats
    Fat- peanut butter, egg, fishoil
    HAHAHAHHAHA

Ako ba ginawa ng high carbs na yan?
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Parang ganito ata Yatez
    30ubpqu.jpg
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Thank you for taking the time to read my journal.Calorie intake. 2836 kcal. Breakdown

Common food source.
    Carbs- rice, pasta, oats

Bulking to?
    Lean bulking daw
  • allen101 wrote:
    jonrivs49 wrote:
    Thank you for taking the time to read my journal.Calorie intake. 2836 kcal. Breakdown

Common food source.
    Carbs- rice, pasta, oats

Bulking to?

yup! dirty bulking pa nga daw sya diba? ng lagay na yan....
    Dirty kasi may pork.
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    @ jonrivs

Can you post here your lifting stats in the dead lift (sumo or conventional), squat (back or front), bench press, and military press ? What is your 1RM in those lifts ?

Videos of your actual training would be greatly appreciated, too :)

Thank you, bro
    ^pasingit, bodybuilding siya di naman requirement karamihan ng lifts dyan.
  • Holy shit strom Batman.
    allen101 wrote:
    jonrivs49 wrote:

Common food source.
    Carbs- rice, pasta, oats

Bulking to?

yup! dirty bulking pa nga daw sya diba? ng lagay na yan....

Kaya ko nga din naitanong e lalo at 180lbs na siya, effective naman siguro yan pero sobrang sedentary ka.
    once to twice a week workout siguro kaya ok ang 2800 calories
  • I weight 180 at 5'9" To clear things up I use harris benedict formula. My maintenance is 2636 kcal working out only 3 times per week due to work. on a bulk I only add 200 to 700 on maintenance kcal. I slowly add kcal so makita ko how my body react on the first week of bulk.
    the first post is addition of only 200. now i add 500 on my maintenance. making it 3136 kcal.
    yes i did a lean bulk first kasi you will stick to it till your bulk ends. doing a bulk without tracking how your body react is just reckless You must know how fast you gain weight. at 3136kcal if i still dont gain weight i will add more kcal. if you already know your final kcal for example i know i gain at 3136kcal. mag stick na ko dun for 3-6 months depending on your bulk goal.

What i mean by dirty bulk. after i meet ung protein carbs and fat ko. i dont care if where i get my macro if its from clean or other source and i know i will exceed carbs and fat more.
    Ah you WEIGHT 180 pala
  • gano katagal ka na nagbubulk bro? ilang months mo balak magbulk? :)