Tennis Elbow

After years of hitting the gym..now I get lateral Epicondytis! Im I getting older or just trained hareder? Mayebe both because I included alot of HIIT in my routing now. Just a word of advice..dont bother using elbow straps..doesnt work. Will probably change my routine for now. Just sharing my experience.

For those interested, you can ask me any musculoskeletal problems you have and I will try my best to help. PT/Physiatrist here...=)

Comments

• YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Maybe include a lot more fly movements in your chest routine sir instead of doing pressing movements? Or does it still hurt your elbows?
  • ^
    Ahhh, PT. I was gonna aspire for a degree in that initially. Haha. Umm, try dropping your elbows to a 45 degree angle when you do the negative. My elbows felt better benching that way :D
    Patrick try taking up Sports Science in UST that was my first course in college, now in regret on why i didn't take it seriously. They have a new building now just dedicated for that course!
    Usually we only start with about 45-50 students one section lang talaga siya then at graduation usually 7-8 nalang kayo mag mamarch sa graduation =))
  • ^
    Well, I changed my mind na kasi. I'm going for Legal Management as a pre-law (after hs), hopefully in Ateneo de Manila. I'm choosing this because it has a lot of units that are good for law, and it doubles as a business degree. I could easily land a job in Insurance or work for some global company :D

Or I could run my own gym. Hehe

If I still have enough within me, I'll pursue law, hoping to get into a law firm, to specialize in Private Practice :)

Ok dead srs I have to go to sleep hahaha
    Hassle bro Ateneo HS ako half ng batch namin hindi kinuha haha yung previous batch 80% tinanggap samin 50% lang lolz hirap talaga makapasok sa College level
  • Sir Jiggahman, ang sakit ng kneecaps ko, going on for a week now, right kneecap. Do alot of HIIT and walking around kitchens 10-12 hours a day.
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Malasa Maker Might as well address what aggravates the pain...
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    ^+1
  • Thanks Core, it hurts at rest mostly pag nag papahinga na ako.
    How about on locomotor movements?
  • ReneRene Posts: 214
    welcome to PBB cheers
    I can certainly relate to your elbow tendonitis. I suffered and endured this condition for over a year. Very frustrating, to say the least. Yes, the straps work for awhile. I also took a month off training to allow the tendonitis to heal. No luck, it still hurt. Using my right arm picking up a cup of coffee was a chore. I've tried Stop Pain spray and the strap, it still hurts. My buddies at the gym told me it's goes with working out. Which is BS!!! I got it from too heavy of a weight doing the same movement over and over again until the tendons tore. What cured it? Now let me say this just for clarification, I'm not a sales person or a dealer/rep for this supplement. And I've tried MuscleTech Nitro-Tech,,,Muscle Milk, ON 100% Whey for the ingredients that helps with muscle repair. None of the above made a difference as far as my tendonitis. They all help me get big and fast recovery. Only 1 supplement help my tendonitis,,,,Promatrix7,,,there's something in it that just flat out healed my tendonitis. And I've verified that it was the PM7,,,,,I went off it and went to a 10 lbs tub of ON 100% Whey. And my joints started getting sore,,,,shoulders, elbows, but no tendonitis. After I finished the 10 lbs tub of ON, I went back to PM7,,,,again all the soreness was gone..

I apologize for being long winded. But I also know first hand how tendonitis feels. Give it a shot,,,we do have dealer members for PM7 here on board. It certainly worth a try.

Good luck Brocheers
  • Sir Jiggahman, ang sakit ng kneecaps ko, going on for a week now, right kneecap. Do alot of HIIT and walking around kitchens 10-12 hours a day.

HIIT is really demanding on the knees esp during deep squats. There are numerous ailments concerning the knee cap (patella) . If the pain in on the inferior pole or the patellar tendon. Then it may be tendonitis. If its more of a pain behind the patella. Probably chondromalacia patella. All of which gets better with rest but with the later add patellar mobilization. Generally for strains and mild sprains, soft tissue heals with at least 2 weeks rest. Identify those movements that aggravate the pain then find modifications. You can also try icing after your exercise. Remember, exercise is best done 1-2 hours max. More than that, your muscles will fuel your energy rather than fat. Unless your Rich Froning, go ahead. hehehe
    Core wrote:

Can you expound more on your question sir?
    Rene wrote:
    welcome to PBB cheers
    I can certainly relate to your elbow tendonitis. I suffered and endured this condition for over a year. Very frustrating, to say the least. Yes, the straps work for awhile. I also took a month off training to allow the tendonitis to heal. No luck, it still hurt. Using my right arm picking up a cup of coffee was a chore. I've tried Stop Pain spray and the strap, it still hurts. My buddies at the gym told me it's goes with working out. Which is BS!!! I got it from too heavy of a weight doing the same movement over and over again until the tendons tore. What cured it? Now let me say this just for clarification, I'm not a sales person or a dealer/rep for this supplement. And I've tried MuscleTech Nitro-Tech,,,Muscle Milk, ON 100% Whey for the ingredients that helps with muscle repair. None of the above made a difference as far as my tendonitis. They all help me get big and fast recovery. Only 1 supplement help my tendonitis,,,,Promatrix7,,,there's something in it that just flat out healed my tendonitis. And I've verified that it was the PM7,,,,,I went off it and went to a 10 lbs tub of ON 100% Whey. And my joints started getting sore,,,,shoulders, elbows, but no tendonitis. After I finished the 10 lbs tub of ON, I went back to PM7,,,,again all the soreness was gone..

I apologize for being long winded. But I also know first hand how tendonitis feels. Give it a shot,,,we do have dealer members for PM7 here on board. It certainly worth a try.

Good luck Brocheers

Nice! I tried physical therapy na nga! (talk about applying my profession) But I know this gets better with rest. The things.. is any gym rat would suck up the pain. Even if I change my routine with more reps less weight its still bothering. Its tolerable with lateral raises. Reverse biceps curl and reverse grip triceps cable extensions are impossible. Will try that as soon as I finish my whey sir. Much appreciated.
    jiggahman wrote:
    Core wrote:

Can you expound more on your question sir?

Malasa Maker...
  • Thanks for identifying what might be wrong with my knees mr jiggahman!
    @Core, It does bother me sometimes pag pagod na pagod na talaga sa work, na aaggravate narin siya ng locomotor movements.
  • miguelmiguel Posts: 895
    Hello Im back!!!!
    Sa mga nakakakilala po sakin miss ko na kayong lahat!
    Natigil man ako dito sa forums pero tuloy parin ang pagbbuhat ko.

Pero sa kasamaang palad kinailangan kong tumigil sa pagbbuhat.
    2 weeks na po akong hindi nagbbuhat at sobrang naiiyak ako at nalulungkot (srs) dahil sa injury ko.

Akala ko nung una soreness lang, I am feeling discomfort sa left elbow ko.
    Nagresearch ako at ang suspetya ko is tennis elbow/tendonitis, ulnar nerve or radial nerve so nagpacheck up ako sa doctor.
    She just did a couple of holding my arms and then sabi nya nothing serious naman, at niresetahan ako ng Methycobal 500mg (vitamin b12) at Gavix 300mg Neuropath pain inumin ko daw ng 10 days.
    She told me to stop lifting muna for a week and then I can go back to lifting na so angsaya saya ko naman.
    Ngayon 9th day ko ng paginom ng gamot and rest as well, akala ko nawala na yung feeling pero andito padin, discomfort ang nararamdaman ko tapos parang pain sa siko at sa forearms at wrist na tolerable naman. Hindi po sya laging sumasakit, mnsan lang po.
    Pero naaaalarma ako sa nararamdaman ko kasi uminom na ko ng gamot lahat lahat. So napagdesisyunan ko muna tumigil sa buhat until gumaling at mawala na tong nararamadaman ko kasi ayaw ko lumala.

Guys anong gagawing ko, ayokong tmigil sa pagbubuhat, parte na ng buhay ko ang pagbubuhat at di ko to ititigil kahit kelan.
    May mga nakaranas na po ba sa inyo ng ganito? Yung mga experts gaya ni sir Braso, papa monch and dalts,sir sevenstring kailangan ko ng mga feedback nyo po. Maraming salamat po sa inyo.
  • jiggahmanjiggahman Posts: 14
    PM replied
  • Reviving this topic? Any tips guys thanks
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    WYVyrTIl.png

Matagal ko na iniinda ito sa both elbows ko. I'm not sure kung possible magkaron ng golfer's and tennis elbow at the same time pero parehas na siko ko masakit all over parang ganyan sa picture. Hindi nako nagtataka kasi sa dami kong pullups and dips na ginagawa bukod pa sa ibang push/pull exercises. Basta kung ano lang yung exercises na comfortable ako yun lang ginagawa ko.
  • WYVyrTIl.png

Matagal ko na iniinda ito sa both elbows ko. I'm not sure kung possible magkaron ng golfer's and tennis elbow at the same time pero parehas na siko ko masakit all over parang ganyan sa picture. Hindi nako nagtataka kasi sa dami kong pullups and dips na ginagawa bukod pa sa ibang push/pull exercises. Basta kung ano lang yung exercises na comfortable ako yun lang ginagawa ko.

Sir V, gaano katagal ka na nagwoworkout with it? mukhang typical issue ng weightlifting pala talaga. Sakin mukhang nakuha ko sa wrong form sa flat bench press. nagflaflare out elbows ko pag heavy. I hope magawan pa ng paraan...pero for me mas comfortable pag naiwoworkout siya, ang sakit pag all out rest
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    WYVyrTIl.png

Sir V, gaano katagal ka na nagwoworkout with it? mukhang typical issue ng weightlifting pala talaga. Sakin mukhang nakuha ko sa wrong form sa flat bench press. nagflaflare out elbows ko pag heavy. I hope magawan pa ng paraan...pero for me mas comfortable pag naiwoworkout siya, ang sakit pag all out rest

Matagal na bro years na. pabalik balik lang yung sakit. may months na pasulpot sulpot lang yung sakit, may months naman na hindi nawawala buong araw kahit restdays. Isa lang yung bad form sa nakakadagdag sa sakit pero normal wear and tear yan ng katawan.
  • WYVyrTIl.png

Matagal na bro years na. pabalik balik lang yung sakit. may months na pasulpot sulpot lang yung sakit, may months naman na hindi nawawala buong araw kahit restdays. Isa lang yung bad form sa nakakadagdag sa sakit pero normal wear and tear yan ng katawan.
    So proper recovery pa din Sir V ang key. Thanks for the info