Calisthenics on Rest Days?

Sino sainyo rito ay nag bobody weight exercises sa bahay pag rest days? Curious ako, advisable ba ito for strength and conditioning? Would it aid or halt our recovery? e pag nag drodrop sets ka kaya? Tipong bench your heavy weight tapos mag pupush up ka for reps, how would it impact strength o sacroplasmic/myofibril hypertrophy?

May mga nakikita ako articles that say yes and some say no so I had to ask. Personally nag cacalisthenics ako every day pagka gising. What say you?

Comments

• JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    ako nag tri-tricking ako during my rest days... it felt so good doing it instead of briskwalking or some conditioning hehehe..

1hr ako magpractice during my fast then breaking my fast with a good rest day workout.

Here's a the prime example of it... tho I can only do some 1 hand cart wheels, 360 backflips at roundhouse pa lang lol... wala pa ko 3 inches thick mat para makapag advance
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    May mga nakikita ako articles that say yes and some say no so I had to ask. Personally nag cacalisthenics ako every day pagka gising. What say you?

Iba-iba talaga ang makukuha mong sagot pag nag-search ka sa Google o kahit magtanong ka sa forums

The best way to know is to experiment it on yourself

Just do it :)

kung negative ang impact sa weight training mo, minimize it
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    Rest Day pa ba tawag dito o Calisthenics Day?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    dips and pull ups are bodyweight exercises na magagawa mo sa gym, if magpupushup ka pa and other exrcises sa bahay on rest days mas mabuti pa magsplit WO ka nalang or isama mo sa strength routine mo yung freeweights, bodyweight and machine exercises (they all contribute to growth). pero ang advice ko sayo bro, easy lang muna for now and dont try to incorporate complex moves. they have their place and you will need them in time.

if i were to choose between push ups at home or incline dumbell press sa gym! dumbells FTW :)
  • Salamat sa input mo sir Vinch. How'd you suggest I go on making my workouts split? I've been doing whole body workouts since ever palang. How does it work?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    you had good gains with it bro :) right now stick with what you are doing as long as it's giving you results :) but don't be shy to try other exercises if you want because it will be beneficial in the future if you are familiar with a wide variety of exercises. just don't overdo it. you can try 2 exercises if you want on every session. you will discover that there are particular movements that are not suited for your body type and some moves that you will fall inlove with.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    During my rest days... I REST.
  • @allen101, haha! Good for you man. Sobrang buong buhay ko kasi sedentary ako. Sobrang filled with energy ako ngayon, para akong bagong silang kaya kahit rest days ko I wanna do something! haha.

@vinch, Spot on man. I hate some exercises, at mejo frustrated ako hindi ko kaya pa sarili kong body weight with dips, chin ups and the like.
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    rest day is rest day. active rest day pwede. ako rest day ko ngaun is biking, like from antipolo to moa, moa to antipolo. yan ang restday ko.

couch potato din ako before, ganyan din ako sa una, excited. kung ano2 ittry, once alam mo na katawan mo at alam mo na mga kakainin mo, yan ok kana diyan, trial and error eka nga,
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    @allen101, haha! Good for you man. Sobrang buong buhay ko kasi sedentary ako. Sobrang filled with energy ako ngayon, para akong bagong silang kaya kahit rest days ko I wanna do something! haha.

@vinch, Spot on man. I hate some exercises, at mejo frustrated ako hindi ko kaya pa sarili kong body weight with dips, chin ups and the like.

Kaw din diba yung dumadaing ng sakit sa tuhod sa isang thread?
    Di mo naman kasi kailangan magmadali kung wala kang planong tumigil.

Kesa naman pagpatuloy mo yang ginagawa mo ngayon at pag lumala ang tuhod mo mas nakakahinayang.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    basta don't over do it ika nga.. I enjoy mo lang kung ano yung ginagawa mo.. What matter most is you had fun doing whatever you want as long as hindi sya magiging "Chore" or "it's a must"

Since you had gainz na eh, that won't be a problem.

Ako tinigil ko muna mag tricking since wala na talaga ako mahanap na 3 inches foam matte at tinatamad naman ako dumayo ng rizal for gymnastics gym para tumambling lang hehe.

Sa ngayon, sedentary lang talaga
  • Tama kayo sir Jet at Stannis. My next rest day will be a real one. Sobrang words of wisdom yun a "Hindi mo naman kelangan mag madali kung hindi ka titigil" Panalo man. Thanks.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    As Dorian said before " if you take a sand paper and scrub your hand until it bleeds, and then keep doing it everyday while its still soft/bleeding then thats all thats going to happen.
    but if u take that sand paper and scrub your hand until it bleeds, then let it heal before doing it again your hand creates caluses to protect itself.
    remember muscles are a defense mechanism they get bigger and stronger so it can handle the load.
    you tear in the gym you grow in your sleep."