Daily Dose

Edited for better Reading:

I started working out at the age of 19, stopped at the age of 21 due to busy schedule from my first ever Job which is a sales agent for a Japanese car brand.

I stopped and assumed that I will not loose any of what I invest on my body until I slowly noticed the changes..

My belly begins to look bloated, I started to have a love handle that eventually turned into handles.. hahaha!

Now I'm 29 I became a father 2 years ago.. My wife teases me always of having a daddy belly.. It's a joke that made me realized that I should start going back to the gym.

I enrolled to a simple neighborhood gym that resolved my problem.. It's triple "D" for me.. DRIVE... DEDICATION... DISCIPLINE... Put these in mind and it will make you keep on reaching for your goal..

Big thanks to this community because of the help and knowledge you and we share to other people...

Comments

• JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    3-4 times a week
    Monday - Chest, Back, Tricep
    Wednesday - Shoulder, Bicep, Abs, a little cardio
    Friday - Chest, Back, Tricep
    Sunday - Shoulder, Bicep, Abs, a little cardio
    I'm here not to build too much muscle but to live healthy and just be sexy. haha!
    Sir no leg day training? Sir eto ang good example ng every day is upper day :) I hope you find it not sexy

34io1ky.jpg

anyways post pictures sir and current lifts para makapag bigay pa ng comment mga peoples here
  • BorexxxBorexxx Posts: 167
    Hi Sir!

I have to admit that I'm too lazy to do a leg workout even if I know it's not good not to do it.. I think I need a convincing input why I should not avoid it.. hehe..

Too bad I can't see the pic you posted due to security feature here in the office.. Though I get what you mean and I truly appreciate the feedback you provided.

What's current lifts po? I should post the exercises I do?
    masarap mag deep squat sir... mababawasan ang beer belly mo dyan if you are lifting hard enough hehehe :)

I was 36ish inch skinny fat bastard before now 29-30 waist line and just this late march up to current starting to do weighted romanian sit ups and cable kneeling. All belly fat lost comes from squat and deadlifts with of course with a proper nutrition check.
    Thanks sa inputs Sir. Jettie.. I'll try to start slowly on leg exercises.. Medyo short din kasi sa time kasi after work ako nakaka pag work out.. I start around 8pm and have to finish by 10pm because the gym will be closed by then.. hahaha! pero pag weekend maaga ako.. afternoon.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    8pm-10pm. That's already too long for a workout.
  • emon02emon02 Posts: 700
    sabi nga, "If you aint squatting you aint working out", try mo sir and you will get addicted to squats.

Anyway welcome
    Thanks for new comments Sir. allen101 & Sir. emon02.

@Sir. allen101 - Those love handles on my pic was a product of 7 years w/o workout, w/o proper diet, drinking, etc.. Now is the time to trim it down slowly.. haha!
  • noelnoel Posts: 304
    too bad you weren,t able to see the pic posted by jettie...eto yung tinatawag na macho pero chicken legs....
    maybe this would help as far as motivating you to work on your lower body...

i had a motorcycle accident back in 2006 which injured my right ankle...i wasn't able to walk for 3 months, after i got back to walking, it would still hurt from time to time, so i was contented with biking as exercise for my legs and was afraid to do squats and deadlifts thinking it might cause further damage to my ankle.

Thanks to the motivation of members here, i got back to doing squats & deadlifts again, as of the moment, i can squat 60 lbs and deadlift 110 lbs...its not much compared to what most people here are doing, but i'm doing it slowly but surely...walang madalian...better than none at all...wouldn't you agree?
    Sir. Noel,

Thank you for sharing your story.

I have to agree that I really need this exercise.. Almost 95% of people who goes to the gym where i work out was doing it, so why can't i? :)

I'll start on this one this coming Monday. May lakad lang sa sabado na kailangan ng mahabang lakaran.. hahaha! Baka di ako maka tagal kasi sure na sasakit legs ko if i will start tonight. :)
  • kopikopi Posts: 690
    Leg day is the hardest but most fulfilling part of my program :^^ sabi nga nila " if your going thru hell,keep going " "if its too easy,it aint worth it " kudos bro! :^^
  • noelnoel Posts: 304
    Borexxx wrote:
    I'll start on this one this coming Monday. May lakad lang sa sabado na kailangan ng mahabang lakaran.. hahaha! Baka di ako maka tagal kasi sure na sasakit legs ko if i will start tonight. :)

in my case, i started it on a friday...because i was expecting DOMs the following day, at least i can stay at home & rest sa weekend...
    MWF Leg day ko hehehe tapos lahat heavy set of 5, wala ako reklamo kahit may lakad after workout or kinabukasan. hahaha
    Borexxx wrote:
    Thanks for new comments Sir. allen101 & Sir. emon02.

@Sir. allen101 - Those love handles on my pic was a product of 7 years w/o workout, w/o proper diet, drinking, etc.. Now is the time to trim it down slowly.. haha!

Bro namisinterpret mo yata, yung about sa love handles signature ko yan hindi yan kasama sa post ko hehehe.
    Jettie wrote:
    MWF Leg day ko hehehe tapos lahat heavy set of 5, wala ako reklamo kahit may lakad after workout or kinabukasan. hahaha

That's normal since you're doing 5x5.
    Very minimal (if any) lang naman talaga ang DOMS sa 5x5.

Pero once na matry mo siguro mag dedicate ng isang session for legs only, Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Calves Raises, and/or DB Lunges, Sumo DL, SLDL, etc... that would change the whole story kung may lakad ka kinabuksan.
    Hehehe.
    That's normal since you're doing 5x5.
    Very minimal (if any) lang naman talaga ang DOMS sa 5x5.

Pero once na matry mo siguro mag dedicate ng isang session for legs only, Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Calves Raises, and/or DB Lunges, Sumo DL, SLDL, etc... that would change the whole story kung may lakad ka kinabuksan.
    Hehehe.

Sa ngayon, oo ramdam ko na hahaha naka Split Routine RPT na ko ngayon at talagang shet sa earth, isang Squat at power cleans pa lang umay na ko hehehe
    Split routine rpt?
    Yep Split yung big 3 like Monday Deadlift,Chins, BOR Wed BP, OHP, Dips Friday Squat PC, calves all in Reverse Pyramid Training dating SL5x5.
    Ahh ok. Pero iba kasi yan sa sinasabi ko.

Anyway, goddluck!

Balik tayo kay botexxx! Hehe
    @ Sir. allen101 - Oo nga, signature mo pala yun. hahaha!

@ Sir. Jettie - I think wala ka talaga magiging complain pag sanay na body mo.. Since I will start with leg exercises pa lang, for sure na masakit yan kinabukasan.. Pero pag regular na, I guess tolerable na sakit nya.. haha!Share ko nga pla yung picture ko with one of my gym buddies.. hehehe

59970610151597477279258.jpg
  • lloydi12345lloydi12345 Posts: 174
    Hi Borexxxx, just like what others suggested. Do the legs! HAHAHA ganyan talaga sa umpisa nakakatamad. Pero I tell you. Kapag nakita mo na nagdadagdag kna ng plates sa squats ma-aadik ka. Naadik na nga ako sa legs eh. Dati lagi kong naiisip "Hay legs nanaman bukas" ngayon naman sinasabi ko "Ang tagal ng legs day!" HAHAHA Matindi magpapawis yung legs exercise. Maraming legs exercise! I think more than 15. Sa deadlift maganda rin yung stiff leg deadlifts for legs din tsaka may back.

Dati nagiisquat lang ako sa may machine medyo heavy pero half squat lang tapos suggest nila dito mas maganda yung squat talaga out of machine ayun mas masarap lalo na pag babang baba! Mas tagatak ang pawis hahaha. Sa pinagtratrainingan ko bihira lang yung mga taong nagiisquat kaya agaw pansin kapag may nagsquat sa cage which motivates me tapos. Best yung Ass To Grass! Kung kaya ng tuhod go go go! Kasing bigat ng bench ko yung nagagawa ko sa squat so mukhang okay lang. hehe mababa but full ROM.

Pag nagsawa kna sa traditional squats, try mo paminsan minsan front squats. Masakit sa beween arms at delts pero maganda posture mo at MASARAP sa abdominals!
    Borexxx wrote:
    Share ko nga pla yung picture ko with one of my gym buddies.. hehehe

Wow! Dagdag motivation! HAHAHAHA
    ^^ thanks for this additional input sir.. And yes, dagdag motivation yan... hahahaha!
  • lloydi12345lloydi12345 Posts: 174
    You're welcome sir :)
  • mufstermufster Posts: 132
    Hi Sir, pa daan lang basa basa thread.

Ako rin takot sa leg workout usually ang sinasabi ko is i have an operated knee or a bad knee. But ever since na try ko mag SL 5x5 training I can say, lessen na knee pain and I can even do ATG squat right now, belly ko din laki ng liniit.
    Borexxx wrote:
    @ Sir. allen101 - Oo nga, signature mo pala yun. hahaha!

@ Sir. Jettie - I think wala ka talaga magiging complain pag sanay na body mo.. Since I will start with leg exercises pa lang, for sure na masakit yan kinabukasan.. Pero pag regular na, I guess tolerable na sakit nya.. haha!Share ko nga pla yung picture ko with one of my gym buddies.. hehehe

astig! fina-follow ko si C.Reyes sa blog nya at ang cool na hindi sya sa mga SW/GG/FF na gym mukhang maganda yung gym na yan ah..

hehe samin puro hotdog!
    Sino yan?
  • siddfit101siddfit101 Posts: 423
    christine reyes bro... auz ah... san gym yan at jan nlng mkapagbuhat!c:lol
    Ahh tama nga, binura ko kasi ung unang comment ko kasi baka hindi pala si CR yan.

Anyway ganito yung post ko..

Si CR ba yan?

Bakit parang maliit yung..............

height.

Tangkad mo pala bro.
  • siddfit101siddfit101 Posts: 423
    allen101 wrote:
    Ahh tama nga, binura ko kasi ung unang comment ko kasi baka hindi pala si CR yan.

Anyway ganito yung post ko..

Si CR ba yan?

Bakit parang maliit yung..............

height.

Tangkad mo pala bro.
    wahahaha... lolz! maliita lng nman tlaga yan... hinde maTAM.... kad! :lol
    Ahhh bro from where are u exactly uli..we might hold our next gwo on ur place :^^ i guess everybody will raise their hands up :) yessiree :)
    Oo nga jan na lang ang GWO!!! Hahahaha!
    Ok sir allen counts in :) anyone else.. :^^