The "Badass" Blueprint (IN THE TRENCHES)

Comments

• Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    That grip feels better on my spine. Thanks again sir :)

Btw, as yatez mentioned lyle mcdonald had some good articles about that. You can also check out alan aragon and dr. layne norton :)

Thanks bro. :)
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Bat nawala post ko lol
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    ^nawala nga! Delete mo ba? Pano ibalik yun? CP kasi gamit ko hirap magnavigate... anyone pahelp naman ibalik post ni yatez :)
    Lol wag na haha nasabi mo na din naman pinroblema pa hahaha.
    ^bro kung may link ka baka pwede mo post kasi sa tuesday pa pasok ko. Nasa office kasi mga notes ko. Thanks :)
    Naka PDF dito sa laptop eh di ko na maalala san lupalop ko nahagilap yon hehe
    Baka sa livestrong galing yan ah lol :)
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    lol livestrong. armstrong.
    De wikipedia lol
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    baka sa bb.com!
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Alan, Lyle and Layne knows their shit!
    No! jdd knows his shit.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Imba. Smooth rom.
    2 seperate strong leg training in a day.
    Paano pa kung wala kang scolio niyan.
    Tanong lang vinch bat twice yung lower body training mo kahapon? Napansin ko lang dahil sa post ni allen haha
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    adik sa gym! ahahah! parang yung kilala ko 3x a day sa gym ang buhat 3 parts ng shoulders ahahah!
    ^LOL!! di ba yon na oovertrain taenang yan hahaha

gusto ko nga subukan yung mga nababasa ko na 2x a day buhat tas ibubump ko cals ko to 5000 LOL

May advantage ba yon in terms of growth? na curious ako haha
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    According to Arnold Schwarzenegger's biography (Total Recall), during his Mr. Olympia days, he trained 3 times daily, 2 hours every session, so that's a total of 6 hours DAILY. It's actually not a secret that he is genetically gifted and his body is able to recover from that kind of training. Also take note, he also didn't have any other stressors on his life, meaning, he spends most of his days just eating, lifting and sleeping. Rinse and repeat. In short, he does have a good, no, let me rephrase, GREAT TRAINING, NUTRITION and RECOVERY plan.

Common sense dictates that if you are to do that kind of training volume, your nutrition and recovery plan must also support it. They go hand in hand. Nutrition part is actually manageable, the recovery part would be the biggest challenge, unless of course, if you are a genetic freak like Arnold, or you don't have any other stressors on your day to day life.

If you can't balance the equation, then you'll do more harm than good. Just my opinion. :)
    Ahhhhh
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Not sure pero ito guess kong reasons ni Vinch

1. Libre siya ng araw na yan kaya pinaghiway niya yung quads and hams. He wants to make that day more efficient. Or
    2. Kulang equips kina Jet para sa hams (w/c I doubt?)
    3. Or he just wants to do something crazy/uncomfortable things AGAIN for all kindzz if gainzzz. Since as per his journal once a day lang naman siya talaga mag legs pero may mga times na ginusto niya mag train 2-3x a day.

4. Personal stuffs..etc etc?
    hehe
    +1000000 kay allen
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    allen101 wrote:

1. Libre siya ng araw na yan kaya pinaghiway niya yung quads and hams. He wants to make that day more efficient. Or
    3. Or he just wants to do something crazy/uncomfortable things AGAIN for all kindzz if gainzzz. Since as per his journal once a day lang naman siya talaga mag legs pero may mga times na ginusto niya mag train 2-3x a day.

hehe

+1

or in short, nabitin lang si vinch and that is all there is to it. Di ka nakakapagtaka kung bat ganyan katawan ni vinch adik sa gym eh LOL
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    @riddler - may nakalimutan kang factor on why arnold recovers so fast than a normal or average gym rat. i think everyone here knows what it is.
    ^+1000000
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    milksworth wrote:
    @riddler - may nakalimutan kang factor on why arnold recovers so fast than a normal or average gym rat. i think everyone here knows what it is.

+10000

and to think that arnold's job is to build his body coz he's getting paid to do it compared to Vinch who isn't (excluding personal coach/training sideline) and has a day job
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    milksworth wrote:

Oo nga pala sir. Forgot to mention about the magic beans. According to his biography though, he admitted and started using it when he saw how huge Sergio Oliva is and thought he'll do everything just to beat him on stage.
    once a week target ko magtrain talaga twice in a day. it could either be two gym sessions like heavy compounds in the morning, eat and rest then come back in the afternoon for isolation movements. Or gym in the morning then play basketball in the evening. Intense cardio ang basketball kaya sinasama ko sya sa training schedule. Namamaximize ko naman lagi yung intensity sa workouts ko every session kaya sinusunod ko lang yung routine sa sidebar ko. Im trying to get a little lean, iv'e already adjusted my diet this past weeks but i feel that dropping some calories wont do it. my plan B is to train more. pagising ko this morning sobrang sore ng katawan ko and i like it. parang wala na kasing effect ang DOMS sakin kaya Im looking for a brutal CNS triggering training which will give me the shock that i need. Lowerbody training is much practical for a double split IMO kaya dun ako nagsimula since simple lang ang movements na kelngan unlike sa upperbody na wide variety of movements ang kelnangan to hit the muscles :)

lahat ng binigay ni Allen e tama naman especially yung number 1. nagleave talaga ako nung friday to make way for a 4-day plan. sa food naman, sinakto ko sa weekend yung ganitong setup kasi cheat day and may time ako matulog ng madami :)
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    allen101 wrote:

hehe

sana nga solb kahit papaano si boss vinch dun sa Mega Power hehe
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    riddler wrote:
    milksworth wrote:

Oo nga pala sir. Forgot to mention about the magic beans. According to his biography though, he admitted and started using it when he saw how huge Sergio Oliva is and thought he'll do everything just to beat him on stage.

Most in bb circles would concur that Arnold was using WAYYYYY earlier than his battles with Sergio bro. Look where he grew up - gear was legal over there. Hell that's one of the reasons a small country like Germany damn near took over the world - all the soldiers were on test haha! That's also the reason why Germany used to kick ass in the Olympics - even the chics looked like guys and had deep voices. While nobody can state as fact when he started using, most that's followed his career to back in the day, historians, etc would say he probably started using around 17-18 y.o.

Regarding his training, I never read Total Recall but have read his Education of a Bodybuilder, his bb Encyclopedia, and too many articles to count in the mags by him over the past 30 years and his pre-contest rotuine was a double-split, hitting chest & back in the mornings, then legs in the evenings 3x per week. The other 3 days was arms & shoulders in the morning, then abs & calves in the evenings. That was usually for 12 weeks. During off season, he stopped the double split and hit each bdpt 2x per week. It's hard to fathom hitting chest, back & legs all in 1 day, especially considering his volumous workouts. Hindsite is 20/20, and looking back, most would say Arnold was severely overtraining. Many justify his crazy workout schedule by saying he had tremendous recovery abilites. I mean afterall, even if one IS on gear, that's STILL a brutal schedule that most couldn't stick with long before feeling overtrained and wiped out haha! However, after winning 7 O's and being the King, who can really dispute his training? It certainly worked for him, but probably would lead to overtraining with most. One thing one needs to remember though - Arnold was doing all this from the ages of 23-28 years old - the years he won his first 6 O's. He was young, in his prime and his recovery abilities were very high - not to mention the additonal recovery from gear haha.
    once a week target ko magtrain talaga twice in a day. it could either be two gym sessions like heavy compounds in the morning, eat and rest then come back in the afternoon for isolation movements. Or gym in the morning then play basketball in the evening. Intense cardio ang basketball kaya sinasama ko sya sa training schedule. Namamaximize ko naman lagi yung intensity sa workouts ko every session kaya sinusunod ko lang yung routine sa sidebar ko. Im trying to get a little lean, iv'e already adjusted my diet this past weeks but i feel that dropping some calories wont do it. my plan B is to train more. pagising ko this morning sobrang sore ng katawan ko and i like it. parang wala na kasing effect ang DOMS sakin kaya Im looking for a brutal CNS triggering training which will give me the shock that i need. Lowerbody training is much practical for a double split IMO kaya dun ako nagsimula since simple lang ang movements na kelngan unlike sa upperbody na wide variety of movements ang kelnangan to hit the muscles :)

lahat ng binigay ni Allen e tama naman especially yung number 1. nagleave talaga ako nung friday to make way for a 4-day plan. sa food naman, sinakto ko sa weekend yung ganitong setup kasi cheat day and may time ako matulog ng madami :)

Hey sir Vinch! I don't understand all of what you said but I will just give my input based on what I DO understand hehe. I wouldn't recommend any type of double split on a regualr basis, especially being natty. However if you are going to do it occasionally, it would make more sense to hit 2 different bdpts vs. hitting the same bdpt 2x per day. If you are indeed busting ass on that first session, you should'nt have enuff in the tank to come back and hit that same bdpt again. Even if you DO have enuff in the tank to come back and hit it with isolations & light work, you're still hitting a muscle that's already been taxed and trying to recover to grow. Kind of like trying to pound a nail more deep into the wood after it's already in as far as it can go. ;)

Just my take bro. :)
    I only do double splits when i feel i need it and if my body is ready. Sometimes even if i want to go back in the evening to train again but my body says no, then i dont do it :) i train smart but there are times when i lose control and go wild :) then when i get injured i'll be like "fu#@! I'm an idiot".

Well, that's just me :)
    Pagising ko yesterday nilalagnat ako. badtrip dahil scheduled training day ko pa naman. umakyat ako sa gym sa penthouse para subukan kung kaya ko magbuhat. pump pump lang ginawa ko nothing serious at mabilis lang (15- 20 minutes siguro). on my last set ng flat DB press, pagbaba ko sa 9th rep naramdaman ko na naghiwalay yung left RC ko! rinig at ramdam ko yung punit sa loob! similar sa nangyari sa right RC ko a few months ago but parang worse pa at mas masakit to kesa dati. dati kaya ko pa magpush up pero ngayon hindi, masakit talaga! Well, malas pero hindi naman ako takot dahil alam ko na rehab na gagawin ko dito. wala munang push WO pero bahala na :)