For those looking to diet or cut look here.

Hi all,
I am a new member here. I see a lot of people in the local gym trying to cardio or hiit to lose weight. What they don't realise is that gym is only 20% of the effort, the 60% is all in what they eat. Therefore you have to clean your diet if you really want to lose weight.

1) Diet is just to lose as much weight as possible. You just want to go from a large t-shirt to a small size and really don't care about frame, muscle or aesthetics

2) cutting is you try to lose as much fat as possible while saving the most muscle mass as possible.

If you guys have any questions please ask, I will try to hell as much as I can.
Let's get this thread going :)

Comments

• i want to have a rip body

• yes its true! 75-80% for macro food nutrients and 20-25% for workout effort

http://pinoybodybuilding.com/discussion/5986/macro-morphing
  • SzekanSzekan Posts: 57
    i want to have a rip body

What is your current height, age, weight, body fat?

Please remember Ripped body doesn't mean only low fat levels... You should also have the muscle to support it otherwise you will look like someone full of bones and nothing else
    willheart wrote: »
    yes its true! 75-80% for macro food nutrients and 20-25% for workout effort

http://pinoybodybuilding.com/discussion/5986/macro-morphing

Yes that's correct.. Maybe we can help people on this thread together :)
  • want to have a body with force and strength don't want to be like does weakling models
    height:5'10
    weight:86kg (november)-75kgs cutting phase almost 3months
    body fat: around 15%-18% ab lines are shown with small low belly fats, love handles just saw 4 ab insertion want to finish the cut before summer. any thoughts?

edited January 2019
    primouno01 wrote: »
    want to have a body with force and strength don't want to be like does weakling models
    body fat: around 15%-18% ab lines are shown with small low belly fats, love handles just saw 4 ab insertion want to finish the cut before summer. any thoughts?

Sounds good. But all depends on your food intake.
    Your weight is still on the higher side as I am 5.9 male And weight 73kgs with 13% body fat.
    So what is your calorie intake? What is your tdee? How much do you burn everyday in the gym? What are your macros? Let me know so I can help better
    Post edited by Szekan on
  • Height: 5'6.5"
    Weight: 146lbs.
    TDEE: 2459kcal
    Body Fat: 26%
    I'm currently in cutting phase. getting rid of my beer belly.

Height: 5'6.5"

Your tdee is too high. How did you get those numbers? Maybe that's your total calories intake.
    TDEE is different.
    With 146lbs and 26% body fat, I think you don't hold a lot of muscle. Depends on the time you have, I would work up more heavy training and don't worry too much about cutting right now
  • yoisthenameyoisthename Posts: 17
    edited January 2019

@Szekan said:
    yoisthename wrote: »

Your tdee is too high. How did you get those numbers? Maybe that's your total calories intake.
    TDEE is different.
    With 146lbs and 26% body fat, I think you don't hold a lot of muscle. Depends on the time you have, I would work up more heavy training and don't worry too much about cutting right now

For Men
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) – (6.8 x age in yrs)
    TDEE = BMR x Activity Factor

i am doing the "lazy" program. and i lost body fats already. im progressing.

Post edited by yoisthename on
    @Szekan said:

TDEE is different.

For Men

I still think your tdee is way too high. What is your BMR? I think you should eat abut less than your BMR to see results. I know in theory it doesn't sound right but it works. My BMR is 1800. I usually eat 1800 or less and that's when I lose body fat.

At 26% any sort of diet change will see loss of bf but when the numbers start to fall, it gets way more difficult and you will have to go the extra mile to drop further.
  • @Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

TDEE is different.

For Men

I still think your tdee is way too high. What is your BMR? I think you should eat abut less than your BMR to see results. I know in theory it doesn't sound right but it works. My BMR is 1800. I usually eat 1800 or less and that's when I lose body fat.

At 26% any sort of diet change will see loss of bf but when the numbers start to fall, it gets way more difficult and you will have to go the extra mile to drop further.

i also figured that out. my BM is 1587.75 which is my current target. i see a small progress with the changes in my physique while maintaining my body weight. :)

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

TDEE is different.

For Men

i also figured that out. my BM is 1587.75 which is my current target. i see a small progress with the changes in my physique while maintaining my body weight. :)

I think best for you is too eat 1300 for 1 months. You will lose very quickly and then you slowly increase it.
    Keep yours macros 40% protein 30% carbs and 30% fats. All under 1300 calories.
    Its difficult but can be done. When I started, I was doing 1200 calories and now I am at 1800.
    Dont forget to have a cheat meal once a week :)
  • @Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

TDEE is different.

For Men

I think best for you is too eat 1300 for 1 months. You will lose very quickly and then you slowly increase it.
    Its difficult but can be done. When I started, I was doing 1200 calories and now I am at 1800.

myFitness Pal helps me track my macro intake. :) but thanks for the advice though. appreciate it man.

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

TDEE is different.

For Men

myFitness Pal helps me track my macro intake. :) but thanks for the advice though. appreciate it man.

Yes that's the app I use for tracking my calories as well. Its a really good app.
    Good luck with your cutting phase.
  • @Szekan said:

want to have a body with force and strength don't want to be like does weakling models

Your weight is still on the higher side as I am 5.9 male And weight 73kgs with 13% body fat.
    So what is your calorie intake? What is your tdee? How much do you burn everyday in the gym? What are your macros? Let me know so I can help better

macro intake almost 1800 cals estimated a day 2000 cals on cardio days refeed day 1800 cals and a cheat meal every 2nd week. i dont know how much i burn in gym but i stay 45mins to 1.5hr in gym.... tnx

edited January 2019
    @Szekan said:

macro intake almost 1800 cals estimated a day 2000 cals on cardio days refeed day 1800 cals and a cheat meal every 2nd week. i dont know how much i burn in gym but i stay 45mins to 1.5hr in gym.... tnx

Out of those 1800 how much is fats? Carbs? And protein?

1800 is still higher side. I would aim 1600 or less

And to get a strong aesthetic body and not the weak model type, you need to focus on resistance training rather than endurance.
    Heavy weights is resistance
    Cardio like cycling, jogging, threadmill are endurance.
    Post edited by Szekan on
  • primouno01primouno01 Posts: 93
    edited January 2019

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

And to get a strong aesthetic body and not the weak model type, you need to focus on resistance training rather than endurance.

I have my heavy training weeks and light training days cardio 1.5hrs a week to 2hrs

got some fats in the low abdomen area

this is me now

Post edited by primouno01 on
    @Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

I have my heavy training weeks and light training days cardio 1.5hrs a week to 2hrs

this is me now

Yes you looking good bro. To reduce the lower belly fat, you just need to diet and give it time. If your current diet is not reducing it, then you need to drop your calories further.
    I actually hVe the same issue. Right now reduced to 1600 calories for the next 1 month.
  • @Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

this is me now

Yes you looking good bro. To reduce the lower belly fat, you just need to diet and give it time. If your current diet is not reducing it, then you need to drop your calories further.
    I actually hVe the same issue. Right now reduced to 1600 calories for the next 1 month.

Looking at your photo i have doubt we have same situation hahahaha.... i will go for lower cals give it a shot.. Thank you i think im walking on the right track

edited February 2019
    @Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

this is me now

Looking at your photo i have doubt we have same situation hahahaha.... i will go for lower cals give it a shot.. Thank you i think im walking on the right track

You looking good in the pic bro. Just remember while cutting you will lose muscle that's given. Unless you on some sort of anabolic steroids. So don't be disheartened if you lose size.

My recent pic
    Post edited by Szekan on
    The site is weird doesn't allow me to post pics. CNa5BYeh.jpg
    CXjFwOJh.jpg
    Nzudsqnh.jpg
  • @yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30
    eat 500 below your tdee and monitor the progress.

• guys id like you to use the > @Maytor69 said:

@yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

ive use this mac% for cutting

edited February 2019
    guys id like you to use the > @Maytor69 said:

@yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

is not good to calculate your macros this is what I have been told.
    1g protein per weight
    . 4g fat per weight
    Whatever left is by carbs depending on your goal
    Maytor69 wrote: »
    @yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

Yes good advice. But for me tdee doesn't work. My tdee is around 2700. But when I start eating 2200 calories, I start to gain body fat again.
    In my pics above I am 1800 calories for 3 months on an average.
    Post edited by Szekan on
    Szekan wrote: »

@yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

% is not good to calculate your macros this is what I have been told.
    You need 1g or more protein per body weight
    . 4g of fat per body weight
    Then whatever is left you consume carbs according to your goals.
    @yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

Yes good advice. But for me tdee doesn't work. My tdee is around 2700. But when I start eating 2200 calories, I start to gain body fat again.

• @Szekan said:

@yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

1g protein per weight
    . 4g fat per weight
    Whatever left is by carbs depending on your goal Maytor69 wrote: »

@yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

that is just the starting point.
    you have to monitor the result and from there you can add or subtract.

@Szekan said:

@yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

1g protein per weight
    . 4g fat per weight
    Whatever left is by carbs depending on your goal Maytor69 wrote: »

@yoisthename said:

to lose body fat
    p=40%
    c=30
    f=30

that is just the starting point.
    you have to monitor the result and from there you can add or subtract.

For someone who is natural would keep 6 months cut and 6 months bulk. Its very difficult to stay low body fat throughout.
    So far I am sticking with 1600-1800. That works for me. In April I start clean bulk and so on.
  • @Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

@Szekan said:

this is me now

You looking good in the pic bro. Just remember while cutting you will lose muscle that's given. Unless you on some sort of anabolic steroids. So don't be disheartened if you lose size.

My recent pic

Yup sir thank you as of now medyo bihira ko ma kuha yung mga dati kong PR sa compound lifts pero na babawasan lang ng isang reps pero im happy sa result thnx thnx sa inyo sir im happy na may nakaka usap ako na may alam

• For those who are not sure how to get their TDEE and macro.
    follow this link:

https://tdeecalculator.net/

• HrithikHrithik Posts: 136

subbing this thread...