2 Months lifting

My 2 months of gym membership is almost over and I'm about to start on my 3rd month... my workout routine is inconsistent and I found minimal to no muscle gains at all by using a 3 day split routine. My current routine is detailed below:

Workout A 
Incline Bench Press – 5 x 5 
Weighted Chin-ups – 5 x 5 (start with body weight chin-ups and add weight when needed) 
Dips – 3 x 8 
Biceps Curls – 3 x 10-12

Workout B 
Sumo Deadlift – 5 x 5 
Leg Press – 3 x 8 
Reverse Dumbbell Lunges: 3 x 6-8 reps per leg 
Standing One Leg DB Calf Raises: 3 x 10-15 reps 
Abs Wheel Roll Outs: 3 sets x 10 reps

For my nutrition I cycle calories increasing carbs on workout days and decreasing carbs on rest days.

I'm thinking about switching to another program altogether (Bodybuilding.com's shortcut to size) since I find that maybe I could do more using a 4-day split routine. What do you guys suggest? By the way I'm new in these forums.

Comments

• boss_jboss_j Posts: 1,243

Hmm double check mo yung macros mo sir baka may kulang, usually jan nagkukulang. Then sa workout program baka naman kulang sa intensity at hindi na stimulate yung mga muskels.

Wait mo mga boss natin dito for more advice.

• sydfrexsydfrex Posts: 11

I utilize intermittent fasting in the morning. I currently weigh 137 pounds at 5'7. Here are my macros for the day:

Maintenance calories: 2055 (137*15)

Workout Days (2455 calories = +400 calories over maintenance)
    protein - 145 grams
    fats - 68 grams
    carbs - 315 grams

Rest Days (1755 calories = -300 calories under maintenance)
    protein - 145 grams
    fats - 48 grams
    carbs - 184 grams

That is a recomp protocol so by the end of each week I shoot to maintain my weight.

As for the intensity of the workouts yes I don't feel any muscle soreness or muscle burn at all after the workout sessions hence that's why I'm thinking of changing my routine. :neutral:

• jomskijomski Posts: 163

Hello! Do you increase the weights you lift once they become too easy? Baka walang progressive overload?

Yes once I reach the maximum number of reps for each set in that exercise with ease then I increase the weight for the next session:

Here's an example for Bicep Curls:
    Workout 1 – 35 lbs x 10, 10, 10
    Workout 2 – 35 lbs x 10, 11, 11
    Workout 3 – 35 lbs x 12, 11, 11
    Workout 4 – 35 lbs x 12, 12, 12
    Workout 5 - 40 lbs x 10, 10, 10
    Workout 6 - 40 lbs x 11, 10, 10

so on and so forth...

In my next session I'm planning to use ascending pyramid sets where I'll gradually increase the weight for each set until I reach muscle failure.

• ironpump666ironpump666 Posts: 309

^ Very good! you can also use the rest-pause technique to torture every muscle fiber that you are trying to work. Keep on repping!

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308

@sydfrex said:
    I utilize intermittent fasting in the morning. I currently weigh 137 pounds at 5'7. Here are my macros for the day:

Maintenance calories: 2055 (137*15)

Workout Days (2455 calories = +400 calories over maintenance)
    protein - 145 grams
    fats - 68 grams
    carbs - 315 grams

Rest Days (1755 calories = -300 calories under maintenance)
    protein - 145 grams
    fats - 48 grams
    carbs - 184 grams

That is a recomp protocol so by the end of each week I shoot to maintain my weight.

As for the intensity of the workouts yes I don't feel any muscle soreness or muscle burn at all after the workout sessions hence that's why I'm thinking of changing my routine. :neutral:

Youre doing I.F. and you weigh 137lbs? Plus you need more calories on your rest days, your body is repairing itself at that crucial time.

• may pics ka?hehe