Clean Eating is Bro Science

to be honest my knowledge about bodybuilding is not as broad as many PRO's here thats why i decided to join the forum to acquire more knowledge which i can use to improve my diet and trainings. all the comments and suggestion will be MUCH appreciated and Respect. pls shed some wisdom upon me and i will value it for the rest of my bodybuilding life.:P hope we could help each other :sport:

Mad Respect to all! PEACE!

Comments

• rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    welcome
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Welcome.

If you REALLY believe that clean eating is bro-science, then your journey in bodybuilding will be much more difficult dude. Enjoy that junk food haha! :p
  • DragonDragon Posts: 7
    Haha it truly is a bro science because your body can't determine if it's a carb from brown rice or a carb from sweet potato. A protein from chicken or a protein from a turkey. Carb is carb and protein is a protein so you don't have to marry yourself from just specific foods to achieve your goals. As long as you keep track of your macros you will achieve your goals regardless of your diet is. ??
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    @Dragon - San mo nabasa yan? We probably have the same diet bro, although our methods and beliefs might be different in a lot of ways :)
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Dragon wrote:
    Haha it truly is a bro science because your body can't determine if it's a carb from brown rice or a carb from sweet potato. A protein from chicken or a protein from a turkey. Carb is carb and protein is a protein so you don't have to marry yourself from just specific foods to achieve your goals. As long as you keep track of your macros you will achieve your goals regardless of your diet is. ??

Funny that you use "clean foods" in your example above, ie, brown rice & sweet potatoes. A carb is indeed not a carb - you going to tell me a carb from sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole grains are equal to cookies, cake & soft drinks?lol Good luck getting big & ripped with that way of thinking. :)
  • OhsnapOhsnap Posts: 425
    Dragon wrote:

so it means it's ok to get my 2000 calories and carbs in redhorse and coke, my protein in one-day old and balot, and fats from liempo? hehe just asking.
  • jmpilongojmpilongo Posts: 208
    na paka complicated talaga yung mga ganyan when it comes to nutrition. basta sa akin, I tend to steer clear from junk foods or foods and drinks that do more harm than good in your body, ganun lang dapat ka simple. and besides, we are all adults (immature or mature) here that train in the gym, so we should already know those things. so long as you feed your body with good nutrition and never hunger yourself, you are on the right track. :)
    @badass_vinch Kay Dr. Layne Norton. He is my personal trainer here in Australia. Yeah to be honest I include beer once a week in my diet. Everything can be taken in moderation and like what I said as long as it FITS your macro. Hahaha wala nmn protein ang red horse nyahaha! I also use fitness pal to track my macro. And really? Is there such thing as clean food? Lmao peace!
  • Chico EnzoChico Enzo Posts: 420
    Welcome bro, astig ung trainer mo. \m/
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Dragon wrote:
    @badass_vinch Kay Dr. Layne Norton. He is my personal trainer here in Australia. Yeah to be honest I include beer once a week in my diet. Everything can be taken in moderation and like what I said as long as it FITS your macro. Hahaha wala nmn protein ang red horse nyahaha! I also use fitness pal to track my macro. And really? Is there such thing as clean food? Lmao peace!

Wow layne norton! Big time! Good for you bro :) ilan taon ng dinidiscuss ang clean eating and IIFYM dito sa site, any new updates from layne?cheers
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    Kay Dr. Layne Norton. He is my personal trainer here in Australia.

As in the DR. LAYNE NORTON?? whoa! kaw na! :P
    pa autograph ka tapos post mo dito, hehe!
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    may nag IIFYM na diet dito dati ah. napansin ko sa mga kinakain nya, may ice cream, chocolates, junkf foods pero madami pa rin ung source of protein mula sa karne at whey. so baka ang ibig sabihin ni @Dragon, eh ok lang tayo kumain ng mga nauna kong nabangit basta kakain pa rin tayo ng mga tamang pcf. yun naman eh tingin ko lang sa sinasabi nya. btw, bigtoyymmmm mo naman pag dating sa trainer mo :) hihihi

and btw, sabi mo s intro mo, need mo pa ng more info, eh diba trainer mo si layne norton so dapat marami na sya na i feed sayo. ok lang naman din na mag tanong ka at matuto dito kung sakali tulungan tayo dito kaya share mo rin mga tinuro sayo ni DR. para narin s additional kaalaman namen :) salamat
    What would you like to know about? I would be happy to share some wisdom. However I won't be able to share you my training and diet as it is tailored just for me.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    ^ Kung ano itsura ng physique mo, share naman.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    So that's the new "Clean eating" ano? the brown rice vs the sweet potato..

Astig layne norton! Post before para after quite some time na matapos ka kay layne eh alam na namin na iba na!

Bigtime brah!
  • popoycantonpopoycanton Posts: 216
    big time. Magkano kaya consultation fee.
  • bokehbokeh Posts: 394
    Sino si Layne Norton? Mukhang sikat siya. pero nag google na ako.

Grabe bigtime ka bro! share mo naman samin resulta :)
    I have news for you. If you achieved a great physique but you neglected your spouse, your kids, your family, your work, and were an asshole to be around... You aren't an inspiration. You are an asshole with a great physique... Nothing more.
    -Layne Norton
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Nevermind, kita ko na pala physique mo.
    Ganyan ba mismo magsalita si Layne gaya ng journal title mo?

Well, ako ang side ko jan, broscience or not, no one can deny that clean eating worked and still works. For the most at least.
    Madami din naman ang nagiimprove using Iifym.
    Both clean eating and iifym works for some.
    My point is, why bash clean eating? Hindi naman binabash ng mga clean eaters ang iifym diet protocol.

Kung gumagana sayo then by all means just do it.

PS : Hindi ako clean eater or iifym user. I just eat whatever I want ever since. Sarap kumain e lol
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    Dragon wrote:
    What would you like to know about? I would be happy to share some wisdom. However I won't be able to share you my training and diet as it is tailored just for me.

ok lang brd kahit para sayo lang ung training routine mo at ung diet na binigay sayo ;) para may idea lang kami at pwede rin namaen gayahin hehehe malay naten mag work samen at kung hinde, kasalana namen kasi ginaya namen :)

kasi to be honest brod, ung trainor mo eh kilala pag dating sa fitness kaya tyak may mapupulot at mapupulot kaming kaalaman galing sa kanya kung mag si-share ka dito ng tinuturo nya, yun naman eh kung ok lang sayo. kung ayaw mo naman, ok lang din, walang pilitan :)
  • kehoekehoe Posts: 161
    Cool! so Layne fly to Australia every session to train you... Hands down! Bigtime!