new guy who never had any sort of training

Hi, I'm a 32 yo dad who's looking to get muscle tone because the biking that I did removed that majority of the fat that I had since childhood. Problem is since I didn't had any resistance training ever, the body that I have right now is not pleasing - no muscles. Even tough I lost weight, I don't look healthy.

My peak was 180# and now I'm at 160#. The 20# was removed over the course of roughly 8 months of biking and minimal rice and 'almost not eating' from resto's and fastfoods.

Realistically, my goal is to gain muscle tone but not to the point of being a big buff guy.

Since Feb this year I've engaged myself in body weight training. In terms of capability, here's what I can do:
- pull ups down to 0, but I can do dead hangs for 30s and flex hangs for 30s and negative pullups for 20s. first target is to be able to do 10 reps of pull ups, and the rest will follow
- push ups I can do inclined waist high 80 reps, good form. after that, I'm arms are shivering. first target is to be able to do 60 reps of full floor push ups, and the rest fill follow
- squat, full closed feet with 40# kettlebelll (20# on each shoulder) 40reps straight. i'm looking forward to do 40 reps of full pistol squat per leg, and the rest will follow

what i want to gain is balance between strength and endurance, not a huge buff guy.

Comments