Fight Night! (The Boxing and MMA thread)

Comments

• JESTy™JESTy™ Posts: 159
    UFC 167 tom! fan ako ni GSP, pero this time kay Hendricks ako! :lol

kayo, sino bet niyo?heheheh

2vtcmrn.jpg
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Let's get ready to ruummmmmmmmmbbbbbbbblllleeee!!

Going to be a great card!
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    GSP all day everyday!
    This rules haha - all UFC & boxing matches are FREE here in Philippines. Shit back in USA it's all PPV ranging from $39 to $59! Needless to say I would rarely order them PPV bcoz too expensive - I would just wait for the following Saturday when they would show it for free on HBO or whateva. :)
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    so far im happy with the judging.. despite the takedowns on two fights, they awarded the win to the one who did more damage to the opponent.

im not an mma pro but they should really consider giving a full point on takedowns.. they need to assess its effectiveness, after the takedown.. in pxc and one fc, fights are won by the fighter with the most takedowns even if there was no damage done on ground. pffft!

i dont know who to bet on... gsp or bigg rigg!
    GSP baybe! Split decision win! But its a close fight i think theres gonna be a rematch
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    ^ spoiler sir monch! Hahaha! Sa balls tv lang ako watch... Hehe
    Ay sorry sir hahaha. Streaming ako nanunuod eh delay kasi sa balls.
    I call bullshit. Hendricks won that fight IMO. He landed the harder shots even though GSP connected more times. Hard to accept the winner with a face so damaged when Hendricks didn't have a scratch haha. I'm really surprised - I thought GSP's skills would have had him winning that fight easy. Hendricks was so much stronger it was obvious wow. Great fight al in all! :)
    True sir BD. Even though I'm a really big GSP fan, he totally lost the fight. But championship matches with results like this isn't really unusual in the UFC.

Hope they get a rematch, the GSP should prove he deserves to be the champion unless big rigg knocks him out lol.
  • Kelan lang ako nag simula manuod UFC, sa Balls ako nanunuod.
    Badtrip na badtrip ako sa GSP V. Hendricks fight! He got robbbbbeeed!! I agree with you guys.
    Sarap ng GnP loss ni Chael Sonnen kay Evans. Sobrang WOAH!
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    Summary.

U6muokn.jpg

Dapat talaga tinapos na ni Hendricks, bibihira napupunta sa challenger ang split decision.

At dapat di boxing judges and nag judge sa MMA, dapat mga retired na MMA fighters.

At malamang ito ang personal problem ni GSP.

Hahaha!

Bruce Buffer FTW!

qmws.gif
  • kevn08kevn08 Posts: 13
    I agree! Unfortunately the only sure way to win this kind of fight is to knock out the champion.
  • Robbed yang laban na yan kkbadr3p
  • JESTy™JESTy™ Posts: 159
    hayy umay. Hendricks yun eh.:arghh:

buti pa si Bruce Buffer, simpleng....:eusa_dance:
    Stannis wrote:

Pussy! Quit cryin' like a little bitch - dude made a few million US dollars wtf. Shit, I would train my ass off for 5 YEARS for that kind of money haha! If he was cryin' bcoz of the competiveness in him I wouldn't be so harsh, but he's acting like "Oh waaaa I wasted 5 months of my life busting my ass in the gym only to get owned" duhhh.
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    To think he proclaimed that he would put Pac into retirement. Wut??? lol
    His Ego was hurt more than his body LOL
    [size=medium]GSP TO TAKE BREAK; HENDRICKS, LAWLER TO FIGHT FOR TITLE[/size]
    Citing undisclosed personal issues, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre announced Friday afternoon that he will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from the sport of mixed martial arts and vacating his title, effective immediately.

“I’ve been fighting a very long time at a high level, and it’s a lot of pressure, a lot of criticism, and I decided that I need to take time off,” said the 32-year-old Montreal native. “I know the UFC’s a business, and it can’t wait on me. They have to keep things rolling, so I’ve vacated my title for the respect of the other competitors, and one day, when I feel like it, I may come back. But right now, I need a break.”

The news comes less than a month after St-Pierre’s grueling split decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 in Las Vegas. The win marked GSP’s ninth successful title defense.

“What people don’t understand is that in the situation that I am at, it’s a lot of pressure,” said St-Pierre. “Every fight I’m carrying weight on my shoulders, and every fight it’s like you add weight. At one point it becomes so heavy that I have a hard time carrying it myself. Physically, I’m a hundred percent and I’m still young and on top of the world, but mentally, I cannot go through another training camp right now and I don’t know when I will be able to. One day, when I feel I’m ready, I’m gonna come back, and instead of having a red sticker on my glove, I’m gonna have a blue sticker and I’ll be the challenger. I’ve climbed Everest three times before, when I lost to Hughes, to Serra, and then after my (knee) injury, and if I have to do it a fourth time, believe me, I feel like I’m gonna do it.”

On the media teleconference with St-Pierre, UFC President Dana White announced that Hendricks and Robbie Lawler will fight for the vacant 170-pound title in the main event of UFC 171 on March 15, 2014, in Dallas, Texas. As for GSP’s decision to take a hiatus from the Octagon, he said, “I agree with Georges a hundred percent. He talked to us and said ‘I’ve got a lot of personal issues I’m dealing with right now, and I can’t even imagine going into another training camp. It will drive me crazy.’ This isn’t baseball or some other sport. This is fighting. You have to be a hundred percent mentally, physically, emotionally. If you’re not, you should sit on the sidelines and wait until you get your stuff cleared up, and I think it’s the right move.”

http://www.ufc.com/news/GSP-teleconference-news-2013

Mas ok sana kung Hendricks v Condit, para #1 and #2 na Welterweight ang maglalaban.
    xkykx0.png
  • ipisipis Posts: 223
    Excited ako sa Silva vs. Weidman 2!
  • kunivakuniva Posts: 125
    ^ same here! IMHO lalamunin si Weidman
    WEIDMAN ako!! Isang PM7! haha
    silva yan taena di ako magbuhat ng 1 month pag natalo si spider e binaboy lang naman nya yung laban lol
    Palagay ko kaya lang nag gaganun si Silva dahil bugbog siya sa ground nun at muntik na din ata leg niya kaya inaasar niya para magstay sa stand up, kaso di ako sure hahahah. Need to rewatch.

Sarap sana ng pay per view inuman tong UFC na to haha
    si spider lang ung natalo na di ako nalungkot kasi obvious na binaboy nya lang na tyempuhan lang talaga. no mets yan pramis hahahaha
    Pramis taunt lang para di na mag attempt mag take down! Hahaha. Tingan mo yung laban, after mag simulang magbaboy ni Silva, isang beses lang nag attempt mag take down si Weidman at di pa gnaung ka committed yung attempt niya.

Weidman yan! Obvious na lamang sa ground si Weidman! Hahaha. Wag lang mag super sa stand up si Silva ay sure yare haha.

Pero unpredictable talaga ang MMA, kahit minsan obvious na mas lamang sa skill set yung isa, natatalo pa din.

UFC EB?! haha sa sports bar!