RIP Greg Kovacs

Greg was the poster-boy for MuscleTech when they first arrived on the supplement scene in the mid-90's. I can't count the times I bought MT products in the 90's largely due in part from Gregs claims and hyping their products. He was as huge as they come, but just didn't have the aesthetics for bb. Put it this way - he made Jay Cutler look like Frank Zane haha. But he was a giant and super strong. RIP dude.

http://musculardevelopment.com/news/breakingnews/12418-greg-kovacs-1968-2013.html#.UpQyheIwJOI

Comments

• CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    6'5 if I am right? That's just a palindrome of my height! Hahaha... RIP Big guy...
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    RIP

Saw his photos on my FB fitness pages that I subscribed and he was HUGE!
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Deffo one of my first idols when I was still collecting those Flex, Iron Man mags back in the day. Wanted him to have a face off with another Monster Nasser El Sonbaty!

RIP to those mass monsters of the 90's.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Deffo one of my first idols when I was still collecting those Flex, Iron Man mags back in the day. Wanted him to have a face off with another Monster Nasser El Sonbaty!

RIP to those mass monsters of the 90's.

Oh man where can you buy Flex and other mags here in Phils?? I miss reading Flex, Muscular Development, MuscleMag, etc. I used to have 2 stacks of bb mags as tall as myself - lost most of them over the years.

But back on topic, yeah I agree bro - the 90's produced some freaks like Yates, Nasser, Dillet, Levrone and crew and I miss that era. Arnold once said if he had the genetics of Dillet, he would win every show he entered haha.
    When I went to Glorietta last week I saw this magazine shop just forgot the name and they still have them! You can even subscribe for a year but they are now expensive as hell, like double the amount back in the 90's.

Paul Dillet for the win! Also Mike Matarazo with his blazing guns! Lee Priest with his god like forearms!
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    When I went to Glorietta last week I saw this magazine shop just forgot the name and they still have them! You can even subscribe for a year but they are now expensive as hell, like double the amount back in the 90's.

Paul Dillet for the win! Also Mike Matarazo with his blazing guns! Lee Priest with his god like forearms!

I love you man!! Can you tell me where Glorietta (is that the mall name?) is located? I gotta go there! Thx in advance bro. :)
    It's in Makati BD. I'm sure your wife is familiar with it. If you're going to take public transportation might as well take the MRT (train) from North Ave which is the first station going to Ayala station and it's right there just after SM Makati. You'll see it right away. The magazine store is somewhere in the middle of the mall in the ground floor. They are the only magazine store right there on that level if I'm not mistaken.
    Thank you sir! Can you remember what mags they carry? I'd hate to go there just to see they have Muscle & Fitness only. I like the hardcore mags like Muscular Development, Flex and MuscleMag. If anyone knows the name of this bookstore please reply so I can google it and try to find their contact # to inquire. Thanks. :)
    NBS I guess? Or could be just a magazine 'stall'...
  • BOOKSALE has back issues of MD, Flex, MM, M&F :)
    BOOKSALE has back issues of MD, Flex, MM, M&F :)

Is that the one sir Oak was talking about bro? If not, where is booksale located?
    All robinson branches.
    Core wrote:
    NBS I guess? Or could be just a magazine 'stall'...

Thanks bro!
    Core wrote:
    All robinson branches.

Thanks again! I love dem mags haha! I used to buy them monthly back in the US. Hell even all 7-11 stores in USA have them. :)
  • SM malls also. Actually booksale is everywhere. BBing mags cost around 135-250 pesos. I have a pile of MD, flex, MM, ironman and m&f. The best place to buy back issues is MOA and greenhills. There are other magazine stands there other than booksale, i just forgot the name of the store.
    I have a pile of MD, flex, MM, ironman and m&f.

FUCK YEAH! +1
    I will be knocking on sir Vinch's door at his house soon haha! :p

Thanks for the great feedback fellas. I was in EDSA last year - looked in ALL bookstores there and didn't find ANY! The SM's I have been to are SM Clark, SM Pampanga and SM Baliuag and also NONE wtf. I've never been to MOA since living here in Philippines past 2.5 years, so I guess I have a good reason to go now. Also will check out Robinsons.
  • bomsbonbomsbon Posts: 194
    When you go to moa sir BD you can check out JUST IN store, i always buy there only 120 -150 pesos some are just 4-6 months late :)
  • ^yeah that's the other store im talking about. JUST IN also has a magazine stand @ promenade greenhills beside figaro. The other magazine store in greenhills is @ the 2nd floor of shoppesville they sell supps too :)
    Thanks alot bros! :)